cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eDiscovery in Clearwell: Custodian names not visible in Analysis & Review

JRiemsma
Level 3

As we use EV, the default settings for Custodian Assignment in the collection task did not associate a custodian with the resulting documents.

I went back and selected to, 'Create a new custodian using the archive's email adddress' under 'If no match is found:' for each of my 5 collections. and re-ran them for custodian assignment only.

I can now see Custodian Data in the Collections > Analytics chart/table.

Custodian data also appears in the Collection Sets Charts.

Without a clear idea of what else needed to be done, I have tried to re-run post processing and to process without discovery.

I still do not see custodian metadata in the Analysis & Review section however.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JRiemsma
Level 3

The e-mails had already been collected, put into a collection set, and processed.  The results were visible in review & analysis, but without custodian data, eg. I could not filter by custodian.

What seemed the proper, most efficient procedure was to re-run the collections.  The only reason Clearwell allows you to re-run a collection is to add/change custodian data.

Upon doing this, the custodian info showed up in the case summary, in the analytics tab of the collections and also in the collection set details, but NOT in Analysis and Review.

What I ended up having to do was copy my collections and run them as new collections.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Hello JRiemsma,

The collection task data needs to be turned into a collection set, it then needs to be processed for you to be able to see the content of the collection set - have you done the step of converting these tasks into sets and processing them?

If you created a new case and did the same with these tasks, to a collection set and then processed this set - would it then show you this information in the new case?

JRiemsma
Level 3

The e-mails had already been collected, put into a collection set, and processed.  The results were visible in review & analysis, but without custodian data, eg. I could not filter by custodian.

What seemed the proper, most efficient procedure was to re-run the collections.  The only reason Clearwell allows you to re-run a collection is to add/change custodian data.

Upon doing this, the custodian info showed up in the case summary, in the analytics tab of the collections and also in the collection set details, but NOT in Analysis and Review.

What I ended up having to do was copy my collections and run them as new collections.