Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esa.crawler.mapi.skipMsgTypes properties clears on itself

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

we added a new property browser called:

esa.crawler.mapi.skipMsgTypes * = IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut,IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.PendingArchive.ArchiveMe,IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut.RestoreMe,IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut.DeleteMe

As we collect data from both EV & File System & Exchange.

after adding the new property browser, we restart the services as requested.

checked all property browser details and could see that this property was added successfully.

The next day, checking the properties browser, we can see that the "esa.crawler.mapi.skipMsgTypes" is there but the value is empty.

We add edit again, restarted services again, confirmed that properties are show correctly.

two days later, property is empty again...

only this property keeps to clear the value.

Any ideas ?

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Sarah,

I wanted to respond to let you know that I had a case with one of my customers recently where myself and our Backline Support have confirmed that the System Property esa.crawler.mapi.skipMsgTypes isn’t preventing email stubs from being processed as expected.

At present this issue has been reported in a bug (Etrack) and is with Engineering, but there have been no new updates.

However, there is another System Property esa.icp.collection.exchange.excludeIPMMessageClasses that is preventing the collection of email stubs during Exchange Collections. This setting can be applied by System or Case. This setting accepts all of the appropriate message classes separated by a comma as follows:

• IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut
  • IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.PendingArchive
  • IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut.DeleteMe
  • IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut.RestoreMe
  • IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.PendingArchive.ArchiveMe

Note: Again, this setting only applies to Exchange Collections.

Note: While the System Property can be used please keep in mind, as my customer has, that there may be some matters that require the collection of email stubs.

If you have a matter that already has email stubs processed and/or will be required, there is a method that you can use in Analysis & Review from the Advanced Search to differentiate between email stubs and relevant email as follows:

1. Go to the Advanced Search.
  2. Select Free Form search.
  3. Under the Queries field, type the following:
  • +nGrams:(enterprisevault) Note: Includes email stubs
  • -nGrams:(enterprisevault) Note: Exclude email stubs
  1. Click Run Search.

From here, you could perform some of the following:

• Tagging emails as either Relevant or Non-Relevant
  • Exporting Relevant emails
  • Review Relevant emails

Also, if you click on Report, you can see the number of Matching and Non-Matching Documents.

I hope that this has helped. If so, kindly mark the post as Solved :)

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Sarah,

A quick way to verify the change is still in place is to check d:\cw\vxx\scratch\esa\changes_esa.properties as this will show you a timestamped comment then the entry for any changes made to a property, have a search through this for the property that appears to be reverting.

It may be that the property is still present but it's just not returning on the support features when you're checking, possibly because it's a restricted property.

Please do not make any changes to this file or any files within the scratch directory and subdirectories.

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Sarah,

I wanted to respond to let you know that I had a case with one of my customers recently where myself and our Backline Support have confirmed that the System Property esa.crawler.mapi.skipMsgTypes isn’t preventing email stubs from being processed as expected.

At present this issue has been reported in a bug (Etrack) and is with Engineering, but there have been no new updates.

However, there is another System Property esa.icp.collection.exchange.excludeIPMMessageClasses that is preventing the collection of email stubs during Exchange Collections. This setting can be applied by System or Case. This setting accepts all of the appropriate message classes separated by a comma as follows:

• IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut
  • IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.PendingArchive
  • IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut.DeleteMe
  • IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut.RestoreMe
  • IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.PendingArchive.ArchiveMe

Note: Again, this setting only applies to Exchange Collections.

Note: While the System Property can be used please keep in mind, as my customer has, that there may be some matters that require the collection of email stubs.

If you have a matter that already has email stubs processed and/or will be required, there is a method that you can use in Analysis & Review from the Advanced Search to differentiate between email stubs and relevant email as follows:

1. Go to the Advanced Search.
  2. Select Free Form search.
  3. Under the Queries field, type the following:
  • +nGrams:(enterprisevault) Note: Includes email stubs
  • -nGrams:(enterprisevault) Note: Exclude email stubs
  1. Click Run Search.

From here, you could perform some of the following:

• Tagging emails as either Relevant or Non-Relevant
  • Exporting Relevant emails
  • Review Relevant emails

Also, if you click on Report, you can see the number of Matching and Non-Matching Documents.

I hope that this has helped. If so, kindly mark the post as Solved :)

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the info!