Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Backup Exec Agent for IBM AS400

Hello - does Backup Exec 15 or any other Veritas/Symantect prodcuts support backing up data on any one of these: IBM/iSeries/AS400/db2/JDE?   Thanks!  Mendel

m_admin85 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014 and Share Point 2013

I'm trying to make backup Share Point 2013 with Backup Exec 2014 updated as of August 14, 2015 and I can not do it without mistakes. The users who use it for backup of all databases dbo infrastructure and farm administrator of Share Point.     ...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Cluster Hyper-v Subnet

Hi, Forgive my English first, I have configured a Hyper-V cluster with two nodes and a storage cabin. When I make a backup of the cluster gives me a different subnet always bug, there is a specific procedure for backing up a cluster of hyper-v on ...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup agent on windows Cluster

Hi,  I have a Windows cluster running MS SQL server. I want to install the backup agent on it in order to take the backup, I am wondering if I will install the agent on each node using the node name or I will install it on the cluster using the clus...

Resolved! Remote agent update fails

Hi all, i'm having a strange problem with the update of remote agents from CASO to servers. Apparently everything works fine but i can't simply right click and select update when the CASO servers tab display that servers need to have their agent upd...

Resolved! Canceling the backup Job

Hi all,  Canceling the backup job doesn't seem to work for me, it says pending cancel and it stays there forever. Does anyone encounter such a problem ? I am using Appliance 3600 R3 !   Regards  

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 R3 appliance not displaying BE 2014 SP2

Hello People, I am back with my queries. lol I need some help as usual. I updated the Backup Exec 3600 R3 appliance with 2014 SP2 from Liveupdate. I update the servers from the BE console. yet i get that the servers are running a different versio...

Nene by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup exec vss provider

Hi,  Could someone tell me what is the function of "backup exec vss provider" ? How does it benefit the backup process ? It is set to manual in the services of my virtual machine (windows server 2008 R2) ? When I try starting it, it complains abou...

Resolved! Backup exec agent

Hi, I upgrade my appliance to 3600.R3 and it was upgraded successfully. I further installed via live update SP1 and hotfix-225092. Now when I upgraded the agent on virtual machine it was upgraded and it changed its colour to blue, but it still has t...

Resolved! Backup exec appliance 3600 R2

while pushing the agent to the servers encounter with credential error and sometime WMI error and the while taking backup of SQL database server after finishing the backup while verify the backup encouter with constincy check error....   Please can a...

Muaaz by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How to restore a SQL server?

I have a couple of SQL servers and I´m doing restore test and I´m facing whit the problem that I have to do a two steps restores one for the OS whit the SDR and other for the SQL instance is that true or there is other way to do it in a one step? I´...

Resolved! While Upgrading to 2014

Hi All,  I wanted to know while upgrading the Backup Appliance 3600R2, how does the upgradation process upgrade the agents on different Servers ? Or do I need to do it via Backup Exec Console after upgrading to 2014 ? The thing is that many of the ...

Resolved! Agent on Debian VM (VCenter)

Hi, I am trying to take the backup of Vcenter which has many Debian VM machines.  I am wondering if someone is taking backup of Debian 6.0.10 Linux server.local.lan 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Tue May 13 16:34:35 UTC 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux via symantec ba...

Resolved! Error backup Hyper-V 2012

I have the following error message on two HyperV-V 2012 platforms have reinstalled twice agents and error, which could not be removed? Backup- VRTSRV::\\H----------\Hyper-V?HA?VM\SRDCHM02 Unable to attach to . V-79-57344-33899 - The res...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backing up VM from Vcenter

Hi All, I am trying to backup virtual machine via Vcenter but getting the following errors. Could someone help me ? Backup- VMVCB::\\server.ABC.lan\VCGuestVm\(DC)ABC(DC)\vm\Support-work.ABC.lanV-79-57344-38277 - Unable to open a disk of the virtual...

Resolved! Help required to design backup solution using Backup Exec 3600 Appliance ( NDMP )

Hi All , We  are trying to design backup solution for one of our customer  . Please find the below  block diagram for backup solution.                                             We have some queries designing the backup solution.   Is it poss...

sanjay3 by Level 3
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Agent for Windows 2003 server

Hi,  I am using backup exec 2012 (appliance 3600), when I take the backup of a server which is windows 2003, it fails and give me the following error. - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "\\Server\System?State". Snapshot technology us...

Backup Agent Oracle on Windows

Hi, I try configure a job of database Oracle on Windows Server. I follow this steps http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO73873  Username and password of oracle are OK, agent oracle of the server is configured When ru...

villex by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos