Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! How to backup Exchange 2010 DAG steps

Dears, I have a Backup exec 3600 appliance (Not software) I want to backup exchange server? What are the steps; because I did a normal backup (installed exchange agent into the primary server and specify the SQL database), but it still can find the...

How to figure the best backup to the solution

Dears, first of all, I am so much new to this site also this brilliant technology. I will have lots and lots of questions I need your help with. The matter of fact I have a client need backup to his Exchange, AD and other Files.  My question is h...

Resolved! Backaup exec appliance 3600 CASO

Hello, I have a stage 4 Appliance Backup Exec 3600, all 4 are currently in production with jobs properly, I would like to set one of them as CASE and the other 3 as slaves. These changes do not mean you have to start again with jobs, no?, Chang...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the following reason: VFF Open Failure

GRT backup of Exchange to  deduplication disk fails with error: V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the following reason: VFF Open Failure.  This can be caused by low memory or disk resources. The odd point is that for the second ...

mmeeggaann by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Help with backing up VM's

Hello people who are reading this. Here is whats going on. I have 3 servers running vmware ESXi 5.1 and vCenter controlling them. I have a brand new Symantec 3600 Appliance. All the VM's are stored on a SAN connected by iSCSI. Now the old way I've be...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 v Ray Edition

One Custmer useing 3  Vmware Host  and Gust os are windows  Guest os  :- 2 Sql 2008r2 servers ,2 oracle and 18 vm (guest os)   which agent required for this Senario      

support59 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BAckupExec Appliance 3600

Hello, We recently purchased 2 Backupexec appliances. I was planning to run one locally. Once it was setup and backuping up properly, I was going backup that one to the second and then ship to our secondary location, and then backup to it remotely.  ...

Resolved! Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance

Hi,   I would like to know can we connect the FC Tape Library with BE 3600 R2 Applaince with the help of some converter (Convert FC to SAS).Is This Possible? Most of your client is interested in Applaince but due to SAS connectivity we are not be abl...

Sachinsri2 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 3600 questions

Hello, We are preparing to buy the backup exec 3600 these days but my question is. Is it possible to order "skuzzy" controller beside the "SAS" to connect our tape drive to it instead of buyin "Enterprise server option"?  second, what is included wit...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 enhancements

Does anyone know if any of following have been addressed/implemented by BE 2012: Advanced disk backup option can handle DFS. ADBO allows one to carry out a weekly full and then daily incremental backups. Upon restore, BE works out which of the increm...

Exchange Archive?

As far as I've read the Backup Exec Appliance does not support the Exchange Archiving Option for Backup Exec 2012. Does anyone know if they are looking at adding this support? Also, does anyone know the difference between the Exchange Archiving Opt...