Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Symantec Appliance 3600. Backup VMs from vCenter.

Hello! When I back up virtual machine from VMWare vCenter, it doesn't appear in my backup and restore tab.  So, backup completes successfully, but I can't restore VM, because I don't see it in backup and restore tab. I can add this VM manually, bu...

msolovey by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

BackupExec Appliance 3600R2 with CASO

The existing environment now that i have a BackupExec Server attached to the fiber tape library and i purchased Backup Exec appliance and CASO for the Physical server to enable the Physical server to manage the appliance and delegates jobs to it. I g...

amr_tarek by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup Exec Appliance Restore Problem

I have a new job and now I have to monitor a backup exec appliance.  My new boss just asked me to run a test restore.  The last backup exec system I used (not an appliance), I click on restore and picked the file I want to restore.  The problem is t...

snoski3 by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cleaning Tape and Barcode problem

Hi all, Backup Exec 2012 (Appliance 3600) has shown me error "the cleaning media CLNU00L1 has expired" when I tried to clean my drive. I oldered nww cleaning tape and got one but it has the same barcode as the old one. So when I replaced the new one...

Resolved! Error backup Hyper-V 2012

I have the following error message on two HyperV-V 2012 platforms have reinstalled twice agents and error, which could not be removed? Backup- VRTSRV::\\H----------\Hyper-V?HA?VM\SRDCHM02 Unable to attach to . V-79-57344-33899 - The res...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backing up VM from Vcenter

Hi All, I am trying to backup virtual machine via Vcenter but getting the following errors. Could someone help me ? Backup- VMVCB::\\server.ABC.lan\VCGuestVm\(DC)ABC(DC)\vm\Support-work.ABC.lanV-79-57344-38277 - Unable to open a disk of the virtual...

Resolved! Help required to design backup solution using Backup Exec 3600 Appliance ( NDMP )

Hi All , We  are trying to design backup solution for one of our customer  . Please find the below  block diagram for backup solution.                                             We have some queries designing the backup solution.   Is it poss...

sanjay3 by Level 3
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What to Back up on BE 3600 Appliance

Hello All, I have another question on the BE 3600 appliance. What exactly should i be backing up if i need to do a restore? I know I need to backup the data and catalogs for Backup Exec but the appliance has so many other folders and multiple loca...

Nene by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplicate job to tape and disk same time

Hi  We have below requirement to be acheived, need some suggestion and best practice. We have Backup exec appliance 2 Nos and 1 Tape library Requirement. Backup data to first BE Appliance and then move to Tape and to Second BE Appliance at same t...

Resolved! Symantec Appliance SUBNET

Hello,  I set up a second network to be backed up by a network other than the production network, but is failing.  I have a hyper-v cluster configured with two networks, but when I launch the backup for the backup network fails, it is strange becau...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 3600 R2 Appliance SSD and Deduplication Issues

Hello People, Its been a while since i came on connect. I am at it again with issues as listed below. 1. 80GB SSD disk does not show as RAID on the list, only the dedup RAID 5 shows. 2. Appliance Deduplication storage shows as offline after I upg...

Nene by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

BE3600 - How does it backup MS Exchange (DAG) 2010

for the typical software base backup, inorder to backup the Exchange DAG, the Backup Media Server need to install the MS Exchange Management tool. So for the BE3600 appliance, does it allow to install the MS Exchange Management Tool ? Does the OS i...

Resolved! How to backup Exchange 2010 DAG steps

Dears, I have a Backup exec 3600 appliance (Not software) I want to backup exchange server? What are the steps; because I did a normal backup (installed exchange agent into the primary server and specify the SQL database), but it still can find the...

How to figure the best backup to the solution

Dears, first of all, I am so much new to this site also this brilliant technology. I will have lots and lots of questions I need your help with. The matter of fact I have a client need backup to his Exchange, AD and other Files.  My question is h...

Backup- \\r510-1\System?StateV-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

Hello! BE3600 backup a server ,server is windwos 2003 sp2.The error is blow: - Informational: Opening Component 'System Files' [4776] 2014-04-22T10:25:50.468 [fsys\brfs]          - Status 0x00000012 returned calling FindFirstFile for \\?\GLOBALROO...

paullinl by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! CASO

My goal is to use optimized/shared deduplication to replicate server backups between my two sites and be able to restore those backups and local backups during a vpn failure or site failure.  If site A is down, I want to recover site A servers t...

Sid_help by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backaup exec appliance 3600 CASO

Hello, I have a stage 4 Appliance Backup Exec 3600, all 4 are currently in production with jobs properly, I would like to set one of them as CASE and the other 3 as slaves. These changes do not mean you have to start again with jobs, no?, Chang...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos