Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

SQL Backup Incremental Errro

My BE Appliance keeps reports failed for the incremental job failure ... while the same setting FULL backup is successfully executed everytime.    03 Sep 2013  09:45:22 AM Computer: [SERVER NAME( SERVER_IP)] Monitor: [Event Log Monitor] Description: ...

Resolved! how to configure oracle database using wiht backup exec 2012

hi basically i am new to backup exec 2012 and oracle database. how can i take a full backup of oracle database 10g runing on linux server. we allready install agent and add a linux server in backup exec 2012, we can also veiw all the root file and su...

aslam_m by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Ms Server 2008 Std Edition Backup Execptions

Dear All,    I have the following server that constantly backup job completed with exceptions .. Spec : Windows 2008 64bit Std Ed  RAM : 16GB  Role : SQL Server (2008)    when full backup i will get this wierd error  Click an exception below to locat...

Resolved! Unable to convert full backup to vm

Dear All,    when I tried to perform full backup and then convert it into a VM i am stuck with this setting here ...    FULL PATH OF HYPER-V Integration Components ISO image : [BROWSE] what is that ? where can i locate it ?    please help :)    since...

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 Duplicate backup set

Hi, I have two backup exec 3600 appliances. One is Central Administration Server and another is managed backup exec server. On CASO i can see deduplication storage on managed server. So i can see two dedupe storage. On CASO i can create backup job an...

michadar55 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Dedupe performance

A few question on dedupe: 1) What is the client requirement to use client-side dedupe? e.g. can a client w/ 2GB RAM do client-side dedupe? Do I need to set anything on the Remote Agent on the client? 2) I ran the same full backup to dedupe storage jo...

Resolved! BAckupExec Appliance 3600

Hello, We recently purchased 2 Backupexec appliances. I was planning to run one locally. Once it was setup and backuping up properly, I was going backup that one to the second and then ship to our secondary location, and then backup to it remotely.  ...

Resolved! Can 3600 Appliance create a virtual machine?

How does Symantec compare to Unitrends in regards to restores to virtual machines. By that I mean, in the event of a fallover, I have heard that Unitrends can automatically spin up a virtual machine whereas Backup Exec 3600 cannot do this. Unitrends ...

Backup Exec 2012 + vmware backup + pre post commands

Hi all, i have to run pre/post commands for vmware backups with Backup Exec 2012 (simple commands like net stop and net start) As far as i know pre and post commands do not apply to vmware backups so i have to use pre-freeze and post-thaw but i'm com...

kml by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

I have this job on my BE 3600

I have this job on my BE 3600 Appliance and when I ran it to my NAS it took it 10 hours to run i think something is wrong. I looked at the log and it has all kinds of volume shadow copys on it 450 gigs worth which what took the amount of time to copy...

Curious about the Backup Exec 3600 Appliance?

In our efforts to keep you connected to the braintrust behind all things Backup Exec, we are doing another AMA on Reddit. For those of you who are unfamiliar, AMA stands for Ask Me Anything. On Friday 01 March, we will be on Reddit from 2-4 PM EST an...

Backing up a Linux VM

Hello,   My company just installed a BUE 3600 appliance. We have began using it to backup our VM environment on one server, but we have another server that has a Linux OS running our wordpress blog. When we try to back it up we get this error.  The j...

Resolved! Default "Disaster Job" in BE Exec 3600 appliance

Dear community, I am being posed by my customer a question which I am unable to answer. Would appreciate if anyone can help me out with this question.   Question: 1. In the Backup exec console, there is a default "Disaster backup" job set up by Syman...

Holloween by Level 4
Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup exec appliance 3600 enable RDP

I am trying to RDP to the brand new backup exec appliance and as soon as I log in to the server it logs me off. I read some threads about needing to enable rdp via power shell and also saw some comments that only Symantec tech support can do that. Ho...

Resolved! Question about Backup to Tape

Hell everybody,   I have an issue with my BE Jobs to Tape on my 3600 Appliance. Everythinf is working fine, I have installed a Tandberg TL, crated some partitions no problems so far.   Then I've created some B2T-Jobs, which are all starting on sunday...

Resolved! Backup Exec Appliance Job failed (Login incorrect)

Hy, We have the "new" Backup Exec 3600 Appliance. We have the problem, that every Backup failed, with this error:     The Login is definitv correct. The error come at Filelevel Backup and also at a VStorage Backup.

Zerakus by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VTL SAS Backup Exec 3600

Hi, I'm looking for VTL virtual libraries cooperating with SAS interface from Backup Exec 3600 appliance. I checked the compatibility list but I can not find the device http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH175582&actp=se...

New BE 3600

Hi,   got an new BE 3600 Appliance. When I log in I get the message "No maintanace contracts found".   What can I do here.   Thanks for some help