Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Job Hangs in Loading Media or Queued

I've recently upgraded my BUE3600 devices to BE 2012.  After I did that one of my devices backup performanance has become severly limited.  Jobs will sit in the Queued stage for hours before running.  Once they start doing the backup, the jobs will m...

Duplicate to external USB disk formatted with GPT

Hi, I have been reading that there are some compatibility issues with GPT partitions.  Would this be true if running duplicate jobs to external USB hard drives formatted with GPT?  The intention would be to duplicate full backups as well as to backup...

arctics by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BackupExec GRT - AD and Exchange

Hi, I am setting up 2012 to backup my ESX servers. I can perform granular restore on all servers regarding individual files etc, but the applications side is not working. When I try to backup AD or Exchange I get the message "Backup Exec failed to ...

Client side dedupe for Linux machines

For all our linux machines, physical and virtual, we get the following when backing up: Client-side deduplication is enabled for this job, but it could not be used. The link points us to KB article V-79-18273.   I have tried following steps outlined ...

arctics by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Concurrent Backups

Hi, just working on scheduling our backup jobs and note that by default, the be appliance 3600 R2 is configured to run 2 concurrent jobs.  Is this the max recommended for the appliance?  The BE 2012 admin guide doesn't provide specific recommendation...

arctics by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Which NAS Device to connect to a

I'm looking at upgrading our backup software. I'm interested in the following device, a Backup Exec 3600 Appliance and install this at the main site - SITE A. The problem is that I would replicate the data stored on that device to another connected s...