Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014 and Share Point 2013

I'm trying to make backup Share Point 2013 with Backup Exec 2014 updated as of August 14, 2015 and I can not do it without mistakes. The users who use it for backup of all databases dbo infrastructure and farm administrator of Share Point.     ...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Upgrade backup appliance 3600 R2 to R4

Hello,   I have received a notification from symantec that the upgrade for the backup exec appliance R2 and R3 to the new R4 is now available... anyone knows of any documentation or steps or notes about the how to perform the upgrade? the appliance...

appliance 3600E con Backup Exec 2012

Dear, I have a problem with baxckup exec appliance 3600 E with Windows Server 2008 Enterprise R2, you can not backup or restore, I liberarado space oldest files, and have applied the classified and restarted the server, HOWEVER remains the problem. ...

Elmer_Gomez by Level 5
Partner Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE3600 Appliance clean upgrade to R3

Does anyone know or have suggestions on the best method to upgrade the BE3600 appliance to R3, with the catch that I want to completely wipe all data on it?  Is there a way to clean install R3 from scratch, or should I just wipe the dedupe storage po...

Resolved! BE 3600 R3 appliance upgrade to BE 15

Hello All, I'd like to reopen a thread for the BE 15 upgrade on the BE 3600 R2/R3 appliance. Do I need to copy out the deduplication data from the appliance before the upgrade or only the data and catalogs folders? Thank you.

Nene by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Used Capacity versus Data

We use LTO 800gb/1.6tb tapes but have noticed out used capacity versus data is significantly different. Most of the tapes are reporting used as 779.9gb of 781.5, but the data fluctuates between 490gb upto 548gb. The job in question is set to hardwar...

Resolved! Disk Space Deduplication

It is the first time it happens, I have the feeling that not freeing up space, as could free up space? or check that it can be happening?

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Cluster Hyper-v Subnet

Hi, Forgive my English first, I have configured a Hyper-V cluster with two nodes and a storage cabin. When I make a backup of the cluster gives me a different subnet always bug, there is a specific procedure for backing up a cluster of hyper-v on ...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading Symantec 3600R2 to Backup Exec 2014

Upgrade-Appliance is not a recognized Commandlet. Kindly assist on the way forward i need to upgrade backup exec 2012 to 2014. Anyone with TECH215884 hotfix kindly assist. Please share a link to download the hotfix.  

willyrop18 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Backup agent on windows Cluster

Hi,  I have a Windows cluster running MS SQL server. I want to install the backup agent on it in order to take the backup, I am wondering if I will install the agent on each node using the node name or I will install it on the cluster using the clus...

Resolved! Remote agent update fails

Hi all, i'm having a strange problem with the update of remote agents from CASO to servers. Apparently everything works fine but i can't simply right click and select update when the CASO servers tab display that servers need to have their agent upd...

Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR)

Hi, If the D drive of my backup appliance 3600.R3 is almost full i.e. 5 TB and with this setup I create the SDR disk (simple disaster recovery disk) , how much size should I expect of SDR disk ? I wonder if the creation of SDR disk would take the ba...

Resolved! Backup Exec 15 possible on 3600 Appliance?

Hello, just some quick ones. 1. As captioned, is the new BE 15 applicable to 3600 appliance? 2. If not, for BE 2014 upgrade, is it seamless? (all backup policies, settings, logs, etc. can be preserved after the upgrade!)   Many thanks!

JPoon by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos