Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Duplication of Backup sets to be scheduled

Hello all, I am trying to find a way in BE 2014, how to schedule duplication of backup sets.  I am duplicating one server (backup set) this way: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO98918 I have about 10 servers and I need to create ...

Resolved! About shrinking the catalogs

Hi all, For my 3600 appliance, I've been backing up the catalogs (D:\BackupExec\Catalogs) regularly by burning the whole folder into a DVD. For a pretty long while since use, it's been good and remained at around 3.5 GB. However, in the last month, ...

JPoon by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 15 possible on 3600 Appliance?

Hello, just some quick ones. 1. As captioned, is the new BE 15 applicable to 3600 appliance? 2. If not, for BE 2014 upgrade, is it seamless? (all backup policies, settings, logs, etc. can be preserved after the upgrade!)   Many thanks!

JPoon by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplicate to tape "Rule Blocked"

I setup my 3600 to backup a server full / Incrim for a few months just to dedupe  locally now a tape is being required so I installed a quantum ulta 5 half height tape library. (no updates available on the 3600 I am on 2012 SP4 with all the latest ho...

Invalid Tape Command

Hey guys, I am having an interesting problem with one of my backups that has been quite frustrating lately. Just to give you a rundown of our setup: I have a Backup Exec 3600 Appliance backing up 7 servers, including 2 Exchange Servers and a DAG setu...

Unable to see file to restore

I am trying to restore a file from Dec 29 2013 tape.  I ran catalog, and can see the data set.  But when I browse for the file I need to restore, I only get to the drive level.  Then it shows "none" for folder side on the screen.  The storage side sh...

Resolved! External SAS storage array on BE3600 R2

I've been using a BE 3600 appliance for a couple of years now and I keep running up against the deduplication store filling the internal storage array. I'd like to attach an external storage array with more disk and move my deduplication store onto t...

Snuffy by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE 2014 - Exchange Restore (Emails Missing)

Afternoon All. Having another issue with my new appliances which I am hoping somebody may be able to assist with. Just to give some background to the problem Previous Environment - HP Proliant Server with Backup Exec 2012.New Environment - Backup ...

Symantec BE 3600 R2 Appliance

The job failed with the following error: Unable to create a snapshot of the virtual machine. The virtual machine may be too busy to quiesce to take the snapshot.

willyrop18 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Central Admin Server - Media Slots appear empty

Good Morning. I am currently in the process of setting up and configuring 9 new BE Appliances we recently purchased to replace our current Backup Exec environment.  One of the Appliances has been configured to operate as a Central Admin Server howev...

BackupExec Appliance 3600R2 with CASO

The existing environment now that i have a BackupExec Server attached to the fiber tape library and i purchased Backup Exec appliance and CASO for the Physical server to enable the Physical server to manage the appliance and delegates jobs to it. I g...

amr_tarek by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup exec appliance

Kindly advise us , our customer  will implement  Hyper-v High Availability so he will need Storage for this ,in the other hand he will use Backup Exec as Backup Solution .   We asked if he  can replace the original Storage (HP  storage ) with Syman...

pgdi by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 3600 Upgrade - Backups lost?

Hey, Sorry if this has been posted or is written somewhere but i need to know for sure. On the 3600 appliance, the upgrade from 2012 to 2014. Will you lose the backups stored on the appliance, and will you still be able to access the 2012 backups a...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos