Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

BEA 3600: Security setting enquiry

Recently we have installed a BE Appliance 3600 in our office and I have a question concerning its security configuration. For the 3 usable NICs (eth1 - 3), we have already connected each of them to separate subnets (e.g. subnet A, B, C for easier ill...

JoeKid by Level 0
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Symantec Appliance SUBNET

Hello,  I set up a second network to be backed up by a network other than the production network, but is failing.  I have a hyper-v cluster configured with two networks, but when I launch the backup for the backup network fails, it is strange becau...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Operating System not found when Restoring VM

Hi community I've some backup of Vmware VMs with Backup Exec 2012 Appliance, now i need to restore in another different server, the restore process finish sucesfully, but when i power on the Vm i obtain the message error "Operating System not found"...

hhoyos by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Importing Backup

Hi community   I have one appliance 3600 and my old server with Backup Exec 12 , i need transfer some backups from my server to the Appliance, how i can to do that .   Thanks  a lot.

hhoyos by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Appliance 3600 replication

I've bough two appliance 3600 in the last days,  acutally i backup my production environement in the appliance_1 , i need to copy the jobs to the appliance_2, how i can to do that??? i've read that i need to install Central Admin Server but i'm not s...

hhoyos by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Help with backing up VM's

Hello people who are reading this. Here is whats going on. I have 3 servers running vmware ESXi 5.1 and vCenter controlling them. I have a brand new Symantec 3600 Appliance. All the VM's are stored on a SAN connected by iSCSI. Now the old way I've be...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Unable to connect Liveupdate server

i Install New Backup exe 2012 Server. with Friesh Windows 2008 r2. no proxoy in my inveronment. After installing BAckup Exec 2012 Server. i am trying since 2 days for symantecliveupdate for this bakcup 2012 , but i am unable to connect.. allwase sayi...

aslam_m by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Appliance question.

Hi,   The company is planning to purchase the Backup Exec appliance but I'm confused about something.   There's 5 branches.. Do we need to purchase an appliance for each site or can we use that appliance or backup exec software to backup all the bran...

BE3600 R2 IEProxy settings and update through Webinterface

I have read and applied the steps from this article: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH200660. However, when starting 'Check and Download Updates' from the Webinterface, only Windows updates are downloaded, no LiveUpdates. When starting LiveUpdate fro...

Tinus by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Curious about the Backup Exec 3600 Appliance?

In our efforts to keep you connected to the braintrust behind all things Backup Exec, we are doing another AMA on Reddit. For those of you who are unfamiliar, AMA stands for Ask Me Anything. On Friday 01 March, we will be on Reddit from 2-4 PM EST an...

CASO Server Down/Unavailable

Hello I have 2 3600 appliances in my company. Both in different sites. We are backing up servers locally to each and duplicating jobs between both devices. One of the servers is also licensed with the enterprise server option (CASO). My problem is th...

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 R2 appliance defaut gateway

Hallo, I got my first Backup Exec 3600 appliance for configuration and i wandered what interface is used for backup? Is default gateway for management interface (ehh0) set up separatelly from default gateway for backup (for example eth1)? or manageme...

Resolved! BE appliance 3600 to scsi tape library

I have a scsi tape library connected to a dedicated server. And i have just purchased, and installed the BE appliance. I can't seem to find a guide on how to get the appliance to use the Tape Library as target. I know the appliance doesn't support sc...

FeeeeSh by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Client side dedupe for Linux machines

For all our linux machines, physical and virtual, we get the following when backing up: Client-side deduplication is enabled for this job, but it could not be used. The link points us to KB article V-79-18273.   I have tried following steps outlined ...

arctics by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos