Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Backup Exec Agent for IBM AS400

Hello - does Backup Exec 15 or any other Veritas/Symantect prodcuts support backing up data on any one of these: IBM/iSeries/AS400/db2/JDE?   Thanks!  Mendel

m_admin85 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE3600 Appliance clean upgrade to R3

Does anyone know or have suggestions on the best method to upgrade the BE3600 appliance to R3, with the catch that I want to completely wipe all data on it?  Is there a way to clean install R3 from scratch, or should I just wipe the dedupe storage po...

Resolved! Disk Space Deduplication

It is the first time it happens, I have the feeling that not freeing up space, as could free up space? or check that it can be happening?

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Cluster Hyper-v Subnet

Hi, Forgive my English first, I have configured a Hyper-V cluster with two nodes and a storage cabin. When I make a backup of the cluster gives me a different subnet always bug, there is a specific procedure for backing up a cluster of hyper-v on ...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup agent on windows Cluster

Hi,  I have a Windows cluster running MS SQL server. I want to install the backup agent on it in order to take the backup, I am wondering if I will install the agent on each node using the node name or I will install it on the cluster using the clus...

Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR)

Hi, If the D drive of my backup appliance 3600.R3 is almost full i.e. 5 TB and with this setup I create the SDR disk (simple disaster recovery disk) , how much size should I expect of SDR disk ? I wonder if the creation of SDR disk would take the ba...

Resolved! Appliance WebUI does not display information

Hello    We are using BE3600R2 and whenever we using WebUI we are unable to find details related to    Disk Raid  Battery   It says No disk No Raid and No battery.    Please find the attached screenshot for more information.    Thank you ...

Resolved! While Upgrading to 2014

Hi All,  I wanted to know while upgrading the Backup Appliance 3600R2, how does the upgradation process upgrade the agents on different Servers ? Or do I need to do it via Backup Exec Console after upgrading to 2014 ? The thing is that many of the ...

Conversion to Virtual

Hi all, i'm playing with 1 time conversion to virtual, i want add an extra job on few physical servers to convert the last backup to a vm and i want to see the time this job takes and few options. During the conversion Backup Exec 2014 asks for the...

BackupExec Appliance 3600R2 with CASO

The existing environment now that i have a BackupExec Server attached to the fiber tape library and i purchased Backup Exec appliance and CASO for the Physical server to enable the Physical server to manage the appliance and delegates jobs to it. I g...

amr_tarek by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

backup exec 3600 appliance upgrade to 2014

hi in my environment i have two backup exec 3600 R2 appliances. one is CASO and other is MMS. i want to upgrade it to backup exec 2014 R3. i need your suggestion which appliance i go to upgrade first CASO or MMS?   regards,

mnakhan by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 Appliance share option on MMS is disabled

hi,   the "share" option when selecting the MMS dedupe storage location under the storage tab is disable. i have total protection license.   environment: Appliance 3600 CASO. Appliance 3600 MMS.   on CASO both storages are visible but when i ...

mnakhan by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Best Practices for Implementing Two Backup Exec Appliances

Greetings to the well of knowledge... I recently purchased two BE3600R2 appliances running BE2012.  My intent is to have one appliace running locally in our main office for our regular backups and another located at one of our remote sites for repli...

KACJR by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backaup exec appliance 3600 CASO

Hello, I have a stage 4 Appliance Backup Exec 3600, all 4 are currently in production with jobs properly, I would like to set one of them as CASE and the other 3 as slaves. These changes do not mean you have to start again with jobs, no?, Chang...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012

Hi,  We have backup exec 2012 running in our environment, we have tape as storage. During the weekend the full backup of all machines/servers takes more than 48 hours, we are taking the backup directly on tape. What I want is to take the backup on t...