Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 Appliance NIC5 RMM port

Hi there, I have a doubt about if should I connect the NIC5 RMM port of my BE3600 appliance to network? I've seen that there are some guides that explain is exclusively of Symantec technical support use, but is for remote access or onsite support? If...

nesmac by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE Appliance 3600 additional Tape Drive

Dears, One of our customer purchased BE Appliance and Tape Library Expantion License, they have a tape library with two tape drive, the Applinace comes with ons SAS port, and the SAS cable when connect the cable to one tape drive the BE detected one ...

Resolved! Deduplication ratio with EXchange 2010 DAG

Hi first just to tell than I am newbie to deduplication Backup Exec... I were using dedupliacation for the first time this weekend with my Exchange 2010 DAG.  The backup completd successfully but the dedup ration was 1%.  here is the info from the jo...

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 appliance initial configuration

Hi I will install my first Backup Exec appliance in a few days and I want to know if I have to reinstall the agents to all my clients.   here is the details... Now : Windows 2008R2 server with Backuo Exec 2012 R2 fullt patched future: Symantec 3600 R...

Resolved! Appliance Best Practices? D2D2Tape?

Hi All,   I have been testing the appliance now for a couple of months and would like a bit of advice please if possible on my backup plan.  We have one appliance and 20 odd Windows Servers 2008R2 on a Vmware platform using iSCSI for the SAN.   I wou...

Resolved! Backupexec 3600 and Vmware Workstation

Hello Everyone,   I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer to my questions about the BE3600. Does anybody know:   1) Will the appliance backup VMware Player, Workstation and MS Virtual PC 2007 VMs that sit on top of Windows 2003/2008 Servers...

marklar by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unknown Server - Server Farm 1 appears....

Hello everyone! This might be an easy question and might be basic stuff but I'd like to confirm what i think i know. Setup: Symantec 3600 Appliance, VMware 5.1 - Server 2003 R2 (32bit) running Sharepoint 3.0. So I added my sharepoint server to the li...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Help with backing up VM's

Hello people who are reading this. Here is whats going on. I have 3 servers running vmware ESXi 5.1 and vCenter controlling them. I have a brand new Symantec 3600 Appliance. All the VM's are stored on a SAN connected by iSCSI. Now the old way I've be...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Remote Backup

Hello, We currently have two BE 3600 r2 appliances. Both are backing up all our servers.  For critical servers Full backups weekly then daily incremental    Rest Full backup bi-weekly then daily incremental   We also have a another location, which is...

Resolved! BAckupExec Appliance 3600

Hello, We recently purchased 2 Backupexec appliances. I was planning to run one locally. Once it was setup and backuping up properly, I was going backup that one to the second and then ship to our secondary location, and then backup to it remotely.  ...

Curious about the Backup Exec 3600 Appliance?

In our efforts to keep you connected to the braintrust behind all things Backup Exec, we are doing another AMA on Reddit. For those of you who are unfamiliar, AMA stands for Ask Me Anything. On Friday 01 March, we will be on Reddit from 2-4 PM EST an...

Which NAS Device to connect to a

I'm looking at upgrading our backup software. I'm interested in the following device, a Backup Exec 3600 Appliance and install this at the main site - SITE A. The problem is that I would replicate the data stored on that device to another connected s...