Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Central Admin Server - Media Slots appear empty

Good Morning. I am currently in the process of setting up and configuring 9 new BE Appliances we recently purchased to replace our current Backup Exec environment.  One of the Appliances has been configured to operate as a Central Admin Server howev...

BackupExec Appliance 3600R2 with CASO

The existing environment now that i have a BackupExec Server attached to the fiber tape library and i purchased Backup Exec appliance and CASO for the Physical server to enable the Physical server to manage the appliance and delegates jobs to it. I g...

amr_tarek by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

BEA RemoteApp Disconnected-Wrong server name in RDP

I have a new BEA 3600 running Backup Exec 2012 and it cannot create a good RDP.  The RDP it creates has the wrong server name.  I connect to the Appliance.  Click on Manage then Remote Launch.  Click Backup Exec Administration Console Utility. If I...

Resolved! Best Practices for Implementing Two Backup Exec Appliances

Greetings to the well of knowledge... I recently purchased two BE3600R2 appliances running BE2012.  My intent is to have one appliace running locally in our main office for our regular backups and another located at one of our remote sites for repli...

KACJR by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Possible Replication way

Hi,  I am having two BE appliance one at primary site and other at DR. primery site contains 8 servers with overall size of 2 TB and DR contains 9 servers with approx the same 2 TB. On both appliance I am taking backup of one fileserver having siz...

Sid_help by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! CASO

My goal is to use optimized/shared deduplication to replicate server backups between my two sites and be able to restore those backups and local backups during a vpn failure or site failure.  If site A is down, I want to recover site A servers t...

Sid_help by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! CASO

My goal is to use optimized/shared deduplication to replicate server backups between my two sites and be able to restore those backups and local backups during a vpn failure or site failure.  If site A is down, I want to recover site A servers to sit...

Sid_help by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! CASO for Backup exec appliance

I am having two Backup exec appliance 3600. We have to repilcate our data from our one site to othe appliance at other site . So will CASO supports for BE Appliance?? Need details on this how to configure it in appliance . Also what procedure to be...

Sid_help by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplicate secondary image on CAS directly to attached tape library

We have implemented BackupExec 3600 R2 appliances at remote sites as Managed BackupExec Servers (MBES) with a separte BackupExec 2012 SP3 server at main site as Central Admin Server (CAS). We have the following backup definition created from the MBE...

jan_villeres by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Appliance 3600 replication

I've bough two appliance 3600 in the last days,  acutally i backup my production environement in the appliance_1 , i need to copy the jobs to the appliance_2, how i can to do that??? i've read that i need to install Central Admin Server but i'm not s...

hhoyos by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE Appliances and CASO: SQL access error when making managed Server

Hi folks, I have two 3600 R2's , have promoted one to CAS w/o problem, but trying to make the other a MBES  (steps as outlined in Admin Guide) gives an error after entering the CAS Server: the SQL instance complains about invalid credentials for the ...

bert_geiger by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

CASO Server Down/Unavailable

Hello I have 2 3600 appliances in my company. Both in different sites. We are backing up servers locally to each and duplicating jobs between both devices. One of the servers is also licensed with the enterprise server option (CASO). My problem is th...