Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Duplication of Backup sets to be scheduled

Hello all, I am trying to find a way in BE 2014, how to schedule duplication of backup sets.  I am duplicating one server (backup set) this way: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO98918 I have about 10 servers and I need to create ...

Resolved! Best Practices for Implementing Two Backup Exec Appliances

Greetings to the well of knowledge... I recently purchased two BE3600R2 appliances running BE2012.  My intent is to have one appliace running locally in our main office for our regular backups and another located at one of our remote sites for repli...

KACJR by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplicate secondary image on CAS directly to attached tape library

We have implemented BackupExec 3600 R2 appliances at remote sites as Managed BackupExec Servers (MBES) with a separte BackupExec 2012 SP3 server at main site as Central Admin Server (CAS). We have the following backup definition created from the MBE...

jan_villeres by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

PDVFSService runs a single thread ?

Hello,   I've been taking a look at the Backup Exec 3600 appliances, and I found out that (apparently?) the PDVFSService runs a single thread, meaning that although the appliance is quad core, sometimes the service peaks at 25% (in task manager) but ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 sp2 Deduplication

HI I bought 2 Backup Exec 3600 apliances to replace my actual Backup Exec server.  For the first time I will use Deduplication.  One box will be on the main site an the other one to the remote site for replication I will use tapes for long-term data ...

Client side dedupe for Linux machines

For all our linux machines, physical and virtual, we get the following when backing up: Client-side deduplication is enabled for this job, but it could not be used. The link points us to KB article V-79-18273.   I have tried following steps outlined ...

arctics by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos