Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Upgrade backup appliance 3600 R2 to R4

Hello,   I have received a notification from symantec that the upgrade for the backup exec appliance R2 and R3 to the new R4 is now available... anyone knows of any documentation or steps or notes about the how to perform the upgrade? the appliance...

Resolved! BE3600 Appliance clean upgrade to R3

Does anyone know or have suggestions on the best method to upgrade the BE3600 appliance to R3, with the catch that I want to completely wipe all data on it?  Is there a way to clean install R3 from scratch, or should I just wipe the dedupe storage po...

Resolved! Backup agent on windows Cluster

Hi,  I have a Windows cluster running MS SQL server. I want to install the backup agent on it in order to take the backup, I am wondering if I will install the agent on each node using the node name or I will install it on the cluster using the clus...

Resolved! Backup exec vss provider

Hi,  Could someone tell me what is the function of "backup exec vss provider" ? How does it benefit the backup process ? It is set to manual in the services of my virtual machine (windows server 2008 R2) ? When I try starting it, it complains abou...

Resolved! Backup exec agent

Hi, I upgrade my appliance to 3600.R3 and it was upgraded successfully. I further installed via live update SP1 and hotfix-225092. Now when I upgraded the agent on virtual machine it was upgraded and it changed its colour to blue, but it still has t...

Resolved! Backup exec appliance 3600 R2

while pushing the agent to the servers encounter with credential error and sometime WMI error and the while taking backup of SQL database server after finishing the backup while verify the backup encouter with constincy check error....   Please can a...

Muaaz by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! backup exec 3600 appliance r3 management services cannot start and no privilege to access BEDB

Dear, I have installed 2 x backup exec appliance 3600 r3 version.  After installed a backup exec appliance, it is working porperty. However, management service account is changed to domain account when joined to domain, then I cannot login to conso...

Kelvin3 by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Agent on Debian VM (VCenter)

Hi, I am trying to take the backup of Vcenter which has many Debian VM machines.  I am wondering if someone is taking backup of Debian 6.0.10 Linux server.local.lan 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Tue May 13 16:34:35 UTC 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux via symantec ba...

Resolved! How to backup Exchange 2010 DAG steps

Dears, I have a Backup exec 3600 appliance (Not software) I want to backup exchange server? What are the steps; because I did a normal backup (installed exchange agent into the primary server and specify the SQL database), but it still can find the...

Resolved! Backaup exec appliance 3600 CASO

Hello, I have a stage 4 Appliance Backup Exec 3600, all 4 are currently in production with jobs properly, I would like to set one of them as CASE and the other 3 as slaves. These changes do not mean you have to start again with jobs, no?, Chang...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to install the BE3600 updates

Hello    We are using BE3600 device and using its webUI when we click on download updates it gives us error mentioned in the screenshot. If we try to install the windows update manualy within windows it works and BE2012 also able to run live update. ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 Appliance NIC5 RMM port

Hi there, I have a doubt about if should I connect the NIC5 RMM port of my BE3600 appliance to network? I've seen that there are some guides that explain is exclusively of Symantec technical support use, but is for remote access or onsite support? If...

nesmac by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 unit

Hi Can someone point my to the correct ISO download that I need to create a USB stick for reinstall of this appliance please. Symantec Backup Exec Rack unit 3600 Jul 11    

bigjohnuk by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

BE Appliance PDDE Account

Hi All, how can i set a password for the pdde account? Eventhough the dedup storage is configured everytime i went to the storage tab for be appliance it always prompts for pdde password, Any advise/suggestions? Thanks, Vince

ecnivnaj by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 appliance initial configuration

Hi I will install my first Backup Exec appliance in a few days and I want to know if I have to reinstall the agents to all my clients.   here is the details... Now : Windows 2008R2 server with Backuo Exec 2012 R2 fullt patched future: Symantec 3600 R...