Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Backup Exec Appliance 3600

Hello All, I want to check and view licenses when purchase Appliance BE 3600 essentional version. where can I find the avialble licenses details of my Applinace and view the end of Support date to proceed with renewal. Thanks and regards,   Layth

3600 appliance opinions

Looking for some real world opinions on the 3600 appliance.     Thinking of using them at several branch offices throughout the country.   work well? ease of setup? what would you do different?  all that stuff!   I am familiar with using BE software....

Resolved! Help with backing up VM's

Hello people who are reading this. Here is whats going on. I have 3 servers running vmware ESXi 5.1 and vCenter controlling them. I have a brand new Symantec 3600 Appliance. All the VM's are stored on a SAN connected by iSCSI. Now the old way I've be...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! DR Question

Hi, I have a Backup Exec 3600R2 appliance running all of its own backup jobs successfully, but when I go to our DR site to test recovering servers, how do I recover the appliance itself onto a physical server? Can I create an SDR CD for the appliance...

Resolved! looking for backup exec 3600 Appliance dedublication end user technical completion document.

Hi We alredy installed Backup Exec 3600 Applicane with dedublication at customer place., After Installing ,configuring and implimentation applicane and  all backup and restore job, we need to submit technical document for sign. i just need that templ...

aslam_m by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SP2 on R3600 R2?

Has the service pack been released for the R3600 R2 yet?  I really need to get my vSphere 5.1 environment backed up properly so the sooner I can apply this the better.  The appliance currently says no updates are available, so I'm not sure if I have ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 Duplicate backup set

Hi, I have two backup exec 3600 appliances. One is Central Administration Server and another is managed backup exec server. On CASO i can see deduplication storage on managed server. So i can see two dedupe storage. On CASO i can create backup job an...

michadar55 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 v Ray Edition

One Custmer useing 3  Vmware Host  and Gust os are windows  Guest os  :- 2 Sql 2008r2 servers ,2 oracle and 18 vm (guest os)   which agent required for this Senario      

support59 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Remote Backup

Hello, We currently have two BE 3600 r2 appliances. Both are backing up all our servers.  For critical servers Full backups weekly then daily incremental    Rest Full backup bi-weekly then daily incremental   We also have a another location, which is...

Resolved! Can 3600 Appliance create a virtual machine?

How does Symantec compare to Unitrends in regards to restores to virtual machines. By that I mean, in the event of a fallover, I have heard that Unitrends can automatically spin up a virtual machine whereas Backup Exec 3600 cannot do this. Unitrends ...

Resolved! BE3600R2 Appliance - BE2012 LiveUpdate

Hey guys!   For BE appliance what is the correct way to update Backup Exec 2012?   Through the option in the web interface of the appliance? or using the LiveUpdate as usual.   Is there a web page for Backup Exec where the list of new updates is publ...

mmeeggaann by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2012 + vmware backup + pre post commands

Hi all, i have to run pre/post commands for vmware backups with Backup Exec 2012 (simple commands like net stop and net start) As far as i know pre and post commands do not apply to vmware backups so i have to use pre-freeze and post-thaw but i'm com...

kml by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

GRT restore to exchange 2007 failing

I am able to do a full GRT backup of my Exchange 2007 SP3 (running on Server 2008 x64) and I can also see all of the granular items when creating a restore job.   However, when I run the job from dedupe tape, I get the following:   Completed status: ...

rbiddle by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos