Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Backup Exec Agent for IBM AS400

Hello - does Backup Exec 15 or any other Veritas/Symantect prodcuts support backing up data on any one of these: IBM/iSeries/AS400/db2/JDE?   Thanks!  Mendel

m_admin85 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Upgrade backup appliance 3600 R2 to R4

Hello,   I have received a notification from symantec that the upgrade for the backup exec appliance R2 and R3 to the new R4 is now available... anyone knows of any documentation or steps or notes about the how to perform the upgrade? the appliance...

Resolved! Backup Cluster Hyper-v Subnet

Hi, Forgive my English first, I have configured a Hyper-V cluster with two nodes and a storage cabin. When I make a backup of the cluster gives me a different subnet always bug, there is a specific procedure for backing up a cluster of hyper-v on ...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup agent on windows Cluster

Hi,  I have a Windows cluster running MS SQL server. I want to install the backup agent on it in order to take the backup, I am wondering if I will install the agent on each node using the node name or I will install it on the cluster using the clus...

Resolved! Appliance WebUI does not display information

Hello    We are using BE3600R2 and whenever we using WebUI we are unable to find details related to    Disk Raid  Battery   It says No disk No Raid and No battery.    Please find the attached screenshot for more information.    Thank you ...

Resolved! Backup exec vss provider

Hi,  Could someone tell me what is the function of "backup exec vss provider" ? How does it benefit the backup process ? It is set to manual in the services of my virtual machine (windows server 2008 R2) ? When I try starting it, it complains abou...

BackupExec Appliance 3600R2 with CASO

The existing environment now that i have a BackupExec Server attached to the fiber tape library and i purchased Backup Exec appliance and CASO for the Physical server to enable the Physical server to manage the appliance and delegates jobs to it. I g...

amr_tarek by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 Appliance NIC5 RMM port

Hi there, I have a doubt about if should I connect the NIC5 RMM port of my BE3600 appliance to network? I've seen that there are some guides that explain is exclusively of Symantec technical support use, but is for remote access or onsite support? If...

nesmac by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Appliance 3600

Hello All, I want to check and view licenses when purchase Appliance BE 3600 essentional version. where can I find the avialble licenses details of my Applinace and view the end of Support date to proceed with renewal. Thanks and regards,   Layth

Resolved! Backupexec 3600 and Vmware Workstation

Hello Everyone,   I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer to my questions about the BE3600. Does anybody know:   1) Will the appliance backup VMware Player, Workstation and MS Virtual PC 2007 VMs that sit on top of Windows 2003/2008 Servers...

marklar by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unknown Server - Server Farm 1 appears....

Hello everyone! This might be an easy question and might be basic stuff but I'd like to confirm what i think i know. Setup: Symantec 3600 Appliance, VMware 5.1 - Server 2003 R2 (32bit) running Sharepoint 3.0. So I added my sharepoint server to the li...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Dedupe Media ran out of space

We ran out of space on our dedupe media because the retention length was 1 year and we couldn't fit 1 years worth of data on the drive.  How can I manually expire all of the backup sets on the hard drive so that I can start re-using space on it again...

bostedor by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Help with backing up VM's

Hello people who are reading this. Here is whats going on. I have 3 servers running vmware ESXi 5.1 and vCenter controlling them. I have a brand new Symantec 3600 Appliance. All the VM's are stored on a SAN connected by iSCSI. Now the old way I've be...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Servers are dropped out of reports

I'm at a customer, who has the folling problem: when I plan a new report (i.e. "overnight summary") and select all servers to be included in the report, I can save the report schedule. But when I edit it again, some of the servers are not selected an...

CarolineKiel by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Remote Backup

Hello, We currently have two BE 3600 r2 appliances. Both are backing up all our servers.  For critical servers Full backups weekly then daily incremental    Rest Full backup bi-weekly then daily incremental   We also have a another location, which is...

Resolved! Backup exec appliance 3600 enable RDP

I am trying to RDP to the brand new backup exec appliance and as soon as I log in to the server it logs me off. I read some threads about needing to enable rdp via power shell and also saw some comments that only Symantec tech support can do that. Ho...