Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

WebUI issue on BE3600

Hello,   One of my customer is facing a weird issue. The WebUI is not functionnal on his BE3600R3 appliance. So I logged in the appliance using RDP to check if can see some event ... No event found (or maybe I missed them) In fact the probleme is...

ElGringo by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE3600 Appliance clean upgrade to R3

Does anyone know or have suggestions on the best method to upgrade the BE3600 appliance to R3, with the catch that I want to completely wipe all data on it?  Is there a way to clean install R3 from scratch, or should I just wipe the dedupe storage po...

Symantec BE 3600 R2 Appliance

The job failed with the following error: Unable to create a snapshot of the virtual machine. The virtual machine may be too busy to quiesce to take the snapshot.

willyrop18 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Chinese named server detected

Hi again, after upgrading from BE2012 to 2014 i noticed 2 server with chinese characters in the server's list, no way to find what they were, so i decided to remove them from the list. Both Linux machines. Now after some like a month those servers ...

Backup Exec appliance 3600 server Lockup/Freeze

Hello,       I am having an issue with backup exec for a while and no one has been able to help me yet with it.  Our media server keep locking 3-4times a week, when that does occurs:   - Can't remote in using the remote application shortcut ...

Resolved! upgrade backupexec appliance 3600.R2 to backupexec2014

Hy all, I'm trying to upgrade the appliance of one of my customers. I'm following this TN: http://www.symantec.com/business/support//index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=HOWTO101525 and i'm allready stuck in the prerequisites. ...

jurgen_barbieur by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BackupExec 3600 Appliance upgrade problem

I'm facing a situation in which I want to update my BE Appliance R2 to BE Appliance R3 but to do so I need to install first an update "TECH215884" using the Web UI, unfortunatelly due to security policy in my company my Appliance cannot be connected ...

Resolved! Windows Update on Backup Exec 2010 Server

We've got a Backup Exec 2010 server running on Windows Storage Server 2008 R2. Our Microsoft WSUS server shows that it needs over 107 Microsoft Security updates. Our Backup Exec admin says when he checks for updates in the Backup Exec console it does...

Resolved! Error backup Hyper-V 2012

I have the following error message on two HyperV-V 2012 platforms have reinstalled twice agents and error, which could not be removed? Backup- VRTSRV::\\H----------\Hyper-V?HA?VM\SRDCHM02 Unable to attach to . V-79-57344-33899 - The res...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 3600 Appliance: Tape Library continually goes offline

Hi, We have a pair of 3600 R2 appliances. One is a CASO with an HP MSL2024 LT05 tape library attached and the other is an MMS. We can take backups and duplicate them between appliances no problem, but when we try to schedule a backup to tape Backup ...

Resolved! V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the following reason: VFF Open Failure

GRT backup of Exchange to  deduplication disk fails with error: V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the following reason: VFF Open Failure.  This can be caused by low memory or disk resources. The odd point is that for the second ...

mmeeggaann by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Appliance 3600: Update is not working

Hey everyone, the Update functionality on our Applicance 3600 is not working. I guess it's blocked by our Firewall... Anyone knows which Server/s and Ports the Appliance needs for the update so I can open them on our Firewall? Thank you very much, Fl...

flowww by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 Appliance NIC5 RMM port

Hi there, I have a doubt about if should I connect the NIC5 RMM port of my BE3600 appliance to network? I've seen that there are some guides that explain is exclusively of Symantec technical support use, but is for remote access or onsite support? If...

nesmac by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos