Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! BE Appliance 3600 additional Tape Drive

Dears, One of our customer purchased BE Appliance and Tape Library Expantion License, they have a tape library with two tape drive, the Applinace comes with ons SAS port, and the SAS cable when connect the cable to one tape drive the BE detected one ...

Backup Exec 3600 Appliance

Hi All,   We have a Backup Exec 3600 Applaince, upon updating to SP3 and then restarting we are now encountering issues with the appliance. For example, we cannot start/enable remote services and even Backup Exec itself. As well as the remote launch ...

ecnivnaj by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 appliance initial configuration

Hi I will install my first Backup Exec appliance in a few days and I want to know if I have to reinstall the agents to all my clients.   here is the details... Now : Windows 2008R2 server with Backuo Exec 2012 R2 fullt patched future: Symantec 3600 R...

Resolved! Dedupe Media ran out of space

We ran out of space on our dedupe media because the retention length was 1 year and we couldn't fit 1 years worth of data on the drive.  How can I manually expire all of the backup sets on the hard drive so that I can start re-using space on it again...

bostedor by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Servers are dropped out of reports

I'm at a customer, who has the folling problem: when I plan a new report (i.e. "overnight summary") and select all servers to be included in the report, I can save the report schedule. But when I edit it again, some of the servers are not selected an...

CarolineKiel by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

SQL Backup Incremental Errro

My BE Appliance keeps reports failed for the incremental job failure ... while the same setting FULL backup is successfully executed everytime.    03 Sep 2013  09:45:22 AM Computer: [SERVER NAME( SERVER_IP)] Monitor: [Event Log Monitor] Description: ...

GRT restore to exchange 2007 failing

I am able to do a full GRT backup of my Exchange 2007 SP3 (running on Server 2008 x64) and I can also see all of the granular items when creating a restore job.   However, when I run the job from dedupe tape, I get the following:   Completed status: ...

rbiddle by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backing up a Linux VM

Hello,   My company just installed a BUE 3600 appliance. We have began using it to backup our VM environment on one server, but we have another server that has a Linux OS running our wordpress blog. When we try to back it up we get this error.  The j...

Resolved! Backup exec appliance 3600 enable RDP

I am trying to RDP to the brand new backup exec appliance and as soon as I log in to the server it logs me off. I read some threads about needing to enable rdp via power shell and also saw some comments that only Symantec tech support can do that. Ho...

Your session has expired, please log in again

Dear community, I have a weird issue here. I have just setup a brand new BE 3600 R2 appliance just yesterday.  When I am accessing the web UI with IE9 on windows 7, and IE8 on another machine (XP), whenever i click on the "hardware" or "Remote Launch...

Holloween by Level 4
Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

SBE 2012 on 3600 Appliance issues

I have been using SBE 2012 on our 3600 appliance for several months now, and when I finally got the server to a point where it was performing all the backups without issue it went wrong.   First of all on the day our full backups run(Saturday) the se...

Resolved! Backup Exec Appliance Job failed (Login incorrect)

Hy, We have the "new" Backup Exec 3600 Appliance. We have the problem, that every Backup failed, with this error:     The Login is definitv correct. The error come at Filelevel Backup and also at a VStorage Backup.

Zerakus by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE3600R2

Hello, I wish to login (thru mstsc) to BE3600R2 appliance in order to troubleshoot some dns issue or/and add entries to etc\hosts file. Basically the BE3600R2 appliance is a Windows Server, so I guess it is possible ... Many thanks !

ElGringo by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup exec factory jobs

Hello,   I have one of my customer which deleted following "factory created"  jobs on BE3600R2 appliance : DisasterRecoveryBackup-DO-NOT-MODIFY-Full and DisasterRecoveryBackup-DO-NOT-MODIFY-incremental. How can I recreate these jobs ?   Many thanks

ElGringo by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos