Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

BackupExec Appliance 3600R2 with CASO

The existing environment now that i have a BackupExec Server attached to the fiber tape library and i purchased Backup Exec appliance and CASO for the Physical server to enable the Physical server to manage the appliance and delegates jobs to it. I g...

amr_tarek by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec appliance

Hii,   I am using BE appliance 3600 R2 and BE2012 in it. Can I expand my dedup storage by adding extra shelf. If yes how can i connect another storage. Note: Except USB connected external drive.  

Sid_help by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD SDR Gives login error

Hi, In our customer place they are using Backup exec appliance 2012 There is Full system backup is configured with SDR for active directory Active directory crashed. and we tried to restore the entire system using SDR we gave domain credetials an...

Hi, I want to upgrade my appliance

Hi, I want to upgrade my appliance 3600 with backup exec 2012 to backup exec 2014 but i have a problem when i create my flash memory with the ISO downloaded on http://fileconnect.symantec.com. All is normally bay when i use the powershell and connec...

Resolved! Appliance 3600

I have an appliance 3600 with windows storage server 2008 R2, my customer wants to upgrade windows server 2012 with backup exec 2014. what i need? What i have to do?

backup exec 3600 appliance upgrade to 2014

hi in my environment i have two backup exec 3600 R2 appliances. one is CASO and other is MMS. i want to upgrade it to backup exec 2014 R3. i need your suggestion which appliance i go to upgrade first CASO or MMS?   regards,

mnakhan by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup Exec appliance 3600 server Lockup/Freeze

Hello,       I am having an issue with backup exec for a while and no one has been able to help me yet with it.  Our media server keep locking 3-4times a week, when that does occurs:   - Can't remote in using the remote application shortcut ...

Resolved! BackupExec 3600 Appliance upgrade problem

I'm facing a situation in which I want to update my BE Appliance R2 to BE Appliance R3 but to do so I need to install first an update "TECH215884" using the Web UI, unfortunatelly due to security policy in my company my Appliance cannot be connected ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 Appliance share option on MMS is disabled

hi,   the "share" option when selecting the MMS dedupe storage location under the storage tab is disable. i have total protection license.   environment: Appliance 3600 CASO. Appliance 3600 MMS.   on CASO both storages are visible but when i ...

mnakhan by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Descaga del producto Backup Exec 2010

Buenas tardes.   En marzo del 2012 adquiri una licencia de éste producto y necesitaría reinstalarla en el servidor pero no tengo el software; mi Customer Number es el ; quisiera saber si existe un enlace donde descargar éste producto.   Atentamen...

Resolved! Windows Update on Backup Exec 2010 Server

We've got a Backup Exec 2010 server running on Windows Storage Server 2008 R2. Our Microsoft WSUS server shows that it needs over 107 Microsoft Security updates. Our Backup Exec admin says when he checks for updates in the Backup Exec console it does...

Resolved! Error backup Hyper-V 2012

I have the following error message on two HyperV-V 2012 platforms have reinstalled twice agents and error, which could not be removed? Backup- VRTSRV::\\H----------\Hyper-V?HA?VM\SRDCHM02 Unable to attach to . V-79-57344-33899 - The res...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BEA RemoteApp Disconnected-Wrong server name in RDP

I have a new BEA 3600 running Backup Exec 2012 and it cannot create a good RDP.  The RDP it creates has the wrong server name.  I connect to the Appliance.  Click on Manage then Remote Launch.  Click Backup Exec Administration Console Utility. If I...

Resolved! 3600 Appliance: Tape Library continually goes offline

Hi, We have a pair of 3600 R2 appliances. One is a CASO with an HP MSL2024 LT05 tape library attached and the other is an MMS. We can take backups and duplicate them between appliances no problem, but when we try to schedule a backup to tape Backup ...

Resolved! NDMP Backup

Dear All, We want to setup LAN Based NDMP Backup. Does LAN based NDMP Backup is Possible? Our Infrastructure is as below:- 1. 3 ESXi Host 2. EMC VNXe Storage with iSCSI & CIFS protocols.   We have created 2 Datastores for ESXi Host using iSCSI ...

Mitesh_Nandu by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time sync not working (anymore....)

Hi all we are experiencing problems with time sync between the appliance and 3 other media servers. They are all in a domain (Windows DC with PDC time sync) but the appliance always shows some "lag" like 40seconds to 1 minute against the other serve...

Resolved! Problem with TECH215556

Hi all i'm having a problem as described in http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH215556 There's anyway something not so clear to me in the solution, maybe i't just me being dumb.... Make a note of the file names located in \Program Files\Symantec\Back...

Resolved! Best Practices for Implementing Two Backup Exec Appliances

Greetings to the well of knowledge... I recently purchased two BE3600R2 appliances running BE2012.  My intent is to have one appliace running locally in our main office for our regular backups and another located at one of our remote sites for repli...

KACJR by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos