Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! CASO for Backup exec appliance

I am having two Backup exec appliance 3600. We have to repilcate our data from our one site to othe appliance at other site . So will CASO supports for BE Appliance?? Need details on this how to configure it in appliance . Also what procedure to be...

Sid_help by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup exec 3600 Appliance password reset

Hi, I need the help. For one of our customer, we have implemented backup exec applaince 3600, for security purpose, we changed the default password and handover to customer, after that customer had changed to password, but they forgot the changed p...

NBU_13 by Level 6
Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Operating System not found when Restoring VM

Hi community I've some backup of Vmware VMs with Backup Exec 2012 Appliance, now i need to restore in another different server, the restore process finish sucesfully, but when i power on the Vm i obtain the message error "Operating System not found"...

hhoyos by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplicate secondary image on CAS directly to attached tape library

We have implemented BackupExec 3600 R2 appliances at remote sites as Managed BackupExec Servers (MBES) with a separte BackupExec 2012 SP3 server at main site as Central Admin Server (CAS). We have the following backup definition created from the MBE...

jan_villeres by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! RDP session is not automatically Disable for BE3600

Hello    We are using BE3600.2 and what we have observed that once we enable the RDP session using powershell it allows us RDP into it. But even after rebooting the appliance device the RDP is still working. We need to know how to disable that so tha...

Resolved! V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the following reason: VFF Open Failure

GRT backup of Exchange to  deduplication disk fails with error: V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the following reason: VFF Open Failure.  This can be caused by low memory or disk resources. The odd point is that for the second ...

mmeeggaann by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

PDVFSService runs a single thread ?

Hello,   I've been taking a look at the Backup Exec 3600 appliances, and I found out that (apparently?) the PDVFSService runs a single thread, meaning that although the appliance is quad core, sometimes the service peaks at 25% (in task manager) but ...

Resolved! SQL Restore problem

Hi  I have an Sql database, I am trying to restore but when I start the restore Job , the db has red x on it(not sure what this means) Also my jobs has this error  : Completed status: Failed   Errors Click an error below to locate it in the job l...

F-tech by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Appliance 3600

Hi, Can any one help for the below queries.   How to reinstall backup exec in appliance 3600 with out data loss. How to move the data from appliance deduped storage to external hdd.   thanks, Bala  

BalaP by Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Not able to install the BE3600 updates

Hello    We are using BE3600 device and using its webUI when we click on download updates it gives us error mentioned in the screenshot. If we try to install the windows update manualy within windows it works and BE2012 also able to run live update. ...

Resolved! BE Appliance 3600 additional Tape Drive

Dears, One of our customer purchased BE Appliance and Tape Library Expantion License, they have a tape library with two tape drive, the Applinace comes with ons SAS port, and the SAS cable when connect the cable to one tape drive the BE detected one ...

Resolved! Purchase an Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance License

Hello everyone! Someone knows do I need to buy a license for Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance separately from Appliance?   I mean if I have already buy the Appliance (for example Essential Protection Edition) need I to purchase an license for it? ...

Borodino by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Deduplication ratio with EXchange 2010 DAG

Hi first just to tell than I am newbie to deduplication Backup Exec... I were using dedupliacation for the first time this weekend with my Exchange 2010 DAG.  The backup completd successfully but the dedup ration was 1%.  here is the info from the jo...

BE Appliance PDDE Account

Hi All, how can i set a password for the pdde account? Eventhough the dedup storage is configured everytime i went to the storage tab for be appliance it always prompts for pdde password, Any advise/suggestions? Thanks, Vince

ecnivnaj by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 appliance initial configuration

Hi I will install my first Backup Exec appliance in a few days and I want to know if I have to reinstall the agents to all my clients.   here is the details... Now : Windows 2008R2 server with Backuo Exec 2012 R2 fullt patched future: Symantec 3600 R...