Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! SDR of Appliance

Greetings!!! I am looking for an information before i proceed with implemantation. Is it possible to take a SDR backup of backup exec appliance. If yes then please share the valuable info. I have been looking out for information on support page but u...

Ajit_Jha by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Appliance Best Practices? D2D2Tape?

Hi All,   I have been testing the appliance now for a couple of months and would like a bit of advice please if possible on my backup plan.  We have one appliance and 20 odd Windows Servers 2008R2 on a Vmware platform using iSCSI for the SAN.   I wou...

Resolved! Backupexec 3600 and Vmware Workstation

Hello Everyone,   I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer to my questions about the BE3600. Does anybody know:   1) Will the appliance backup VMware Player, Workstation and MS Virtual PC 2007 VMs that sit on top of Windows 2003/2008 Servers...

marklar by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unknown Server - Server Farm 1 appears....

Hello everyone! This might be an easy question and might be basic stuff but I'd like to confirm what i think i know. Setup: Symantec 3600 Appliance, VMware 5.1 - Server 2003 R2 (32bit) running Sharepoint 3.0. So I added my sharepoint server to the li...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Dedupe Media ran out of space

We ran out of space on our dedupe media because the retention length was 1 year and we couldn't fit 1 years worth of data on the drive.  How can I manually expire all of the backup sets on the hard drive so that I can start re-using space on it again...

bostedor by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SDR: Recovery shows Backup Sets, but then hangs in loop (3600 R2)

Hi folks, the recovery work beautifully until the point where the actual recovery should start: Server and backups sets are visible and can be marked, but when you start the recovery process, nothing more happens. The Appliance shows a recovery job f...

bert_geiger by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Servers are dropped out of reports

I'm at a customer, who has the folling problem: when I plan a new report (i.e. "overnight summary") and select all servers to be included in the report, I can save the report schedule. But when I edit it again, some of the servers are not selected an...

CarolineKiel by Level 6
  • 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! BE Appliances and CASO: SQL access error when making managed Server

Hi folks, I have two 3600 R2's , have promoted one to CAS w/o problem, but trying to make the other a MBES  (steps as outlined in Admin Guide) gives an error after entering the CAS Server: the SQL instance complains about invalid credentials for the ...

bert_geiger by Moderator
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Disk expansion supported in Backup Exec Appliance

Assume that Symantec Backup Exec 3600 is the latest appliance available in the market. Kindly provide the following requested information please: - Backup Exec only have 5.5 TB of disk space and new/additional disks cannot be added further in BE 3600...

Zahid_Haseeb by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Encryption Overhead

Hi We are testing backup encription using BUE 2012 3600 appliance and are noticing some significant overheads of the encryption. Can anyone advise it there and any published statistics of what overhead is realisitc.    Applaince is: Windows 2008 Se...

DR Backup Strategy

Hi, We have 2 3600 R2 appliances - one at our Live site and another at DR. We have the following design:   The Live appliance backs up the servers each night and then duplicates the backup sets to DR (DR is the CAS)The DR appliance will act as an of...

SQL Backup Incremental Errro

My BE Appliance keeps reports failed for the incremental job failure ... while the same setting FULL backup is successfully executed everytime.    03 Sep 2013  09:45:22 AM Computer: [SERVER NAME( SERVER_IP)] Monitor: [Event Log Monitor] Description: ...

No address bar in BE2012 appliance Internet Explorer

Dear gurus, Please help me on this, my BE2012 appliance cannot go to internet due to the need for authentication. To do that i need to go to my firewall portal to authenticate. But unfortunately the appliance internet explorer is in limited version. ...

urbansaint by Level 3
Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Ms Server 2008 Std Edition Backup Execptions

Dear All,    I have the following server that constantly backup job completed with exceptions .. Spec : Windows 2008 64bit Std Ed  RAM : 16GB  Role : SQL Server (2008)    when full backup i will get this wierd error  Click an exception below to locat...

Resolved! Unable to convert full backup to vm

Dear All,    when I tried to perform full backup and then convert it into a VM i am stuck with this setting here ...    FULL PATH OF HYPER-V Integration Components ISO image : [BROWSE] what is that ? where can i locate it ?    please help :)    since...

Backup Exec 2012 Failed to Install Remote Agent

Dear All,    Following is my setup    Sysmentact BackExec 3600E Appliance.  Windows 2008 Storage Server Ed 64bit 16GB RAM.  When I tried to install a remote agent onto another win2k3 sp2 server, the agent installation keep failed with the following m...

Resolved! Unable to connect Liveupdate server

i Install New Backup exe 2012 Server. with Friesh Windows 2008 r2. no proxoy in my inveronment. After installing BAckup Exec 2012 Server. i am trying since 2 days for symantecliveupdate for this bakcup 2012 , but i am unable to connect.. allwase sayi...

aslam_m by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos