Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Backup exec appliance OS crashed

Dear all, Im new to symantec and Im a system engineer for an oil and gas company.I need your thoughts and ideas on a problem Im facing.I have a symantec BE 3600 appliance which has OS windows server storage 2008 standard os.Recently,I cannot access ...

Increasing Storage

Greetings to the well of knowledge... I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I don't think I've heard an answer to this one: Understanding that the storage would need to be reconfigured and that the current backup sets would be lost, can th...

KACJR by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Agent for IBM AS400

Hello - does Backup Exec 15 or any other Veritas/Symantect prodcuts support backing up data on any one of these: IBM/iSeries/AS400/db2/JDE?   Thanks!  Mendel

m_admin85 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Directory or File Not Found

I have a Backup Exec Appliance running Backup Exec 2014. It is backing up multiple Windows Servers and SQL databases. Everything is being backed up fine except for one server. This particular server is running Windows Server 2008R2 and has SQL 2008R2...

Resolved! No Boot After Clean Installation

I attempted to install a clean installation of 3600 R2 on an existing appliance using the USB key. The installation completed as expected, but it will not boot. The display is black with a blinking cursor in the Left Upper corner.    

Dan_A1 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

WebUI issue with BE3600

Hi, I did a Liveupdate yesterday and it did 100 Windows updates and BEX SP2 and Hotfix 227745.  Now when I log into the WebUI, the manage tab fails and many of the settings tabs have empty data.  It's a server 2008 R2 OS.  I am in process of upgradin...

Hi,   I happens from time to time that Backup Exec 3600 Appliance stop working.   Normally , a reboot and/or restart of services will fix the problem. We have done it several times, and it fix the problem each time. Almost.   Last year we had a sim...

FBU by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What Java version on a 3600 appliance

Hi everyone!     I am new to this company, and just started to do some vulnerablity scans. One thing that came up is that our Java is out of date on our 3600 appliance. If I update Java from Java 7 to 8u71 then the WebUI will not work. Is there a tr...

BobTrie by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! USB flash for Appliance upgrade

Hello support, I'd like to confirm if Symantec is to send us the USB flash to upgrade the appliance to the latest version. Download from file connect takes a very long time as teh internet is not very fast. The appliance is under support.  

Nene by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 R2 not showing hot fix TECH215884

Hello Support, The Backup Exec 3600 R2  does not show the hot fix TECH215884 under the appliance update in the WebUI. The appliance version running is 3.0.419.0 I have initiated the update download but there is no update detected I need to upgrad...

Nene by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014 and Share Point 2013

I'm trying to make backup Share Point 2013 with Backup Exec 2014 updated as of August 14, 2015 and I can not do it without mistakes. The users who use it for backup of all databases dbo infrastructure and farm administrator of Share Point.     ...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Upgrade backup appliance 3600 R2 to R4

Hello,   I have received a notification from symantec that the upgrade for the backup exec appliance R2 and R3 to the new R4 is now available... anyone knows of any documentation or steps or notes about the how to perform the upgrade? the appliance...

appliance 3600E con Backup Exec 2012

Dear, I have a problem with baxckup exec appliance 3600 E with Windows Server 2008 Enterprise R2, you can not backup or restore, I liberarado space oldest files, and have applied the classified and restarted the server, HOWEVER remains the problem. ...

Elmer_Gomez by Level 5
Partner Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 3600 R3 appliance upgrade to BE 15

Hello All, I'd like to reopen a thread for the BE 15 upgrade on the BE 3600 R2/R3 appliance. Do I need to copy out the deduplication data from the appliance before the upgrade or only the data and catalogs folders? Thank you.

Nene by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Used Capacity versus Data

We use LTO 800gb/1.6tb tapes but have noticed out used capacity versus data is significantly different. Most of the tapes are reporting used as 779.9gb of 781.5, but the data fluctuates between 490gb upto 548gb. The job in question is set to hardwar...