Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Unable to see file to restore

I am trying to restore a file from Dec 29 2013 tape.  I ran catalog, and can see the data set.  But when I browse for the file I need to restore, I only get to the drive level.  Then it shows "none" for folder side on the screen.  The storage side sh...

upgrade Symantec Backup Exec 3600 appliance error

hi, try updating yesterday one of my Symantec 3600 appliance, after connecting with powershell and run the necessary commands, I get the following error but the file exists in the specified path I reviewed the log and reads [12/31/2014 11:11:3...

txetxo by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup exec agent

Hi, I upgrade my appliance to 3600.R3 and it was upgraded successfully. I further installed via live update SP1 and hotfix-225092. Now when I upgraded the agent on virtual machine it was upgraded and it changed its colour to blue, but it still has t...

Resolved! Backup exec appliance 3600 R2

while pushing the agent to the servers encounter with credential error and sometime WMI error and the while taking backup of SQL database server after finishing the backup while verify the backup encouter with constincy check error....   Please can a...

Muaaz by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

BE 2014 - Exchange Restore (Emails Missing)

Afternoon All. Having another issue with my new appliances which I am hoping somebody may be able to assist with. Just to give some background to the problem Previous Environment - HP Proliant Server with Backup Exec 2012.New Environment - Backup ...

Resolved! Upgrading BE 3600 to Backup Exec 2014?

Hi! When i enter the serial of my BE3600 Appliance, im only getting these files. I want to upgrade my appliance to 2014, what should i do?    Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP4_Recovery_Disk_32bit_Multilingual.zip 1.3 GB   Expand All / Collapse All  Back...

Symantec BE 3600 R2 Appliance

The job failed with the following error: Unable to create a snapshot of the virtual machine. The virtual machine may be too busy to quiesce to take the snapshot.

willyrop18 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to restore a SQL server?

I have a couple of SQL servers and I´m doing restore test and I´m facing whit the problem that I have to do a two steps restores one for the OS whit the SDR and other for the SQL instance is that true or there is other way to do it in a one step? I´...

Resolved! Chinese named server detected

Hi again, after upgrading from BE2012 to 2014 i noticed 2 server with chinese characters in the server's list, no way to find what they were, so i decided to remove them from the list. Both Linux machines. Now after some like a month those servers ...

Resolved! Slow Backup to Disk Performance on BE 3600 Appliance.

Hi, I am using the BE3600 Appliance to backup Physical server size 189GB on Gigabit network. The whole backup to disk process used 9 hours to complete with the throughput rate at 2376MB/min (performed Client-side Dedupication).  But It only used 50 ...

BenSim by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec and CASO licenses

Hi, I would like to know the requirements I need for the following scenario:   I have one BE3600 Appliance with CASO license installed. I have a remote BE2014 Server with it's license and has an FC Library attached to it and one Windows Agent.  ...

Conversion to Virtual

Hi all, i'm playing with 1 time conversion to virtual, i want add an extra job on few physical servers to convert the last backup to a vm and i want to see the time this job takes and few options. During the conversion Backup Exec 2014 asks for the...

Central Admin Server - Media Slots appear empty

Good Morning. I am currently in the process of setting up and configuring 9 new BE Appliances we recently purchased to replace our current Backup Exec environment.  One of the Appliances has been configured to operate as a Central Admin Server howev...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014 RHEL 6

Hi, according to SCL there's still no official support for RHEL 6.6, which basically leads to "i'll wait to update until it's supported". Now this may cause security or bug fixes problems in the meanwhile and i've read around that the big difference...

Resolved! create other user for backup exec

Hi, I have an appliance 3600 with backup exec 2014 so I want to create a other user for backup exec. For example, the user administrator is the default account and I want other user like backup.symantec When a I use administrator all is fine and wo...

Resolved! "Telemetry" fills the drive c:

Hi,  I updated my appliance to version 3600.R3. After the update I can see a large amount of log files in the directory "C:\Users\All Users\Symantec\telemetry\".  My appliance is not connected to the Internet - how to turn off the collection of the...