Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Exec 10d - Western Digital MyBook World 500Gb (NAS)

Problem using BE 10d with MyBook World (NAS). Access denied error when try no create a Backup-to-Disk Folder. Even with Maped network drive or UNC path Can move, delete, copy files and folders from windows explorer to My bookNtbackup OK with maped ne...

FSilva by Level 2
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 10d with v12 remote agents

Hi all,looking to upgrade from 10d sp1 to v12, I'm currently using CPS for filesystems and exchange agent for 2003 exchange. To ease the pain of timing and reboots can I use the v10d server and install the v12 remote agents (at my leisure) on my othe...

rayjay by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question about BackupExec Catalog

Dear Sirs/Madems, I am using a HP DLT tape library to have incremental backup for a server with Backupexec 9.1 SP5. A media pool 1 is created which contains 7 media. I found that the catalogs disappear when the media is idle for some time. Let say, t...

Backup Exec 10d - cannot use LTO3 media

This is my first post on these boards. I have backup Exec 10d installation connected to a SCALAR 24 tape library.This library has a single IBM Ultrium drive. I have a set of BRAND new LTO 3 tapes (400/800 GB) which are not recognized by the SCALAR 24...

Ctrl_Zed by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to restore data to a non orginal placement

Hello everybody and sorry of my poor english.  I need to recover the data contained on a DAT72 unit, to an external Hard Disk for making some test. The problem comes because I don't know how to tell to the software to restore data on my external disk...

Migrate or not

Our company have license for backup exec 10d QuickStarter edition. As I can see in License Information window we have License for "SBS - Library Expansion Option" but we have not installed it. How can I install it and would it backup our Exchange ser...

Backup Exec Auto Stop Backup

Hi,  Recently, our company backup job cannot completed.  Our backup job is started at 9:00pm, but i find the job stop running and i cannot cancel the job.  When i restart the Backup Exec Device & Media Service, the Backup Exec Job Engine is cannot st...

Ian_Li by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing new Exchange Server, question about CAL's

Hey yo, I have recenlty been recuirted to do some upgrades at my work, problem is there is a sevre lack of previous documenation etc. I am wondering if we have the required licenses to install a new exchange server, below are the CAL's I have found (...

Beuy by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question - How do I verify tape media is actually blank or not?

We have 9 tapes (AIT5) that report "no data" in the status column after doing an inventory on them in BUE 10.1. Any other tapes that we do an inventory on report the correct label but these tapes report as unknown media Does anyone know of a utility ...

Mark491 by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question about BackupExec Catalog

Dear Sirs/Madems, I am using a HP DLT tape library to have incremental backup for a server with Backupexec 9.1 SP5. A media pool 1 is created which contains 7 media. I found that the catalogs disappear when the media is idle for some time. Let say, t...

Setting up a Differntial backup

i have setup the following schedule Monday Full - Backup files Using Archive Bit (reset Archive Bit)Tue Differential - Back Up changed files since last full - Using archive bit( does not reset archive bit)Wed Differential - Back Up changed files sinc...

Valcon by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic job cancellation window not visible V 10.D and SP4

I can not locate the automatic job cancellation window (at least where the administrator guide says it should be there) and my jobs are canceling after 13 hours - not enough time considering the amount of data.  Is there something which makes it visi...

sf11554 by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can no longer attach to a drive after installing MySQL

Since installing MySQL on a remote server I get "error: 0xa000848c - Unable to attach to one of the drives." - this drive is the server that has MySQL on it. I de-installed MySQL but still have the error. I have 1 media server and 3 remote servers be...

chris_G by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing the LEO for 10d

I have recently installed the license key for Library Expansio Option. The Help-About function shows the LEO is licensed but not installed. How do I correct this? 

10d error: the backup exec system service is not responding

Hi everyone, I have been getting this error for a couple weeks.  The full error message is "(Server: "##") (Job: "Full Data  Backup") Full Data  Backup -- The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not respo...

Justra by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ignore Minimum Quiet Time

Greetings, I read a similar thread related to a disk receiving the MQT error and it never had a response.  I've got a farm with 25 web, data and db servers and all of them are using AOFO, all but one don't have the MQT problem.  One does and it happe...

Labels