Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Job Does not complete; Error 0xe00084f4

I have a network where Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 is installed on a different subnet than the files that I need to backup. I set up the media, device, and the job. When I run the job, it gets so far and gives me the following error: Job ended: Sunday,...

krhoover by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

BackUP Exec 2010 R3

Good day Gents, since 2 days ago my backup exec has generated the error below and my backup is failing, how can i fix it.   Regards. Agostinho Mandacane   Error category : System Errors Error : e0008516 - Resources specified for ...

restore tape for a server no longer accessible

we have some old tapes from a server that is no longer availabe that has some data we need to restore. I am using Backup Exec 2010 R3. I can inventory the tape and catalog it. I can see the data I want to restore from the restore wizard but if I dont...

texwolf by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP 1 to SP 4

Hallo zusammen, ich wollte unseren BE2010 Server von SP1 auf SP4 upgraden, um auch unseren neuen Exchange 2013 auf Windows Server 2012 sichern zu können. Die Upgradeinstallation funktioniert leider nicht. Kurz vor Fertigstellung der Setup.exe beend...

Dathy by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

System recovery 2010 boot disk Download

Where can I download a boot disk for Backup Exec System Recovey 10? I have a customers server where the RAID has failed and I have to restore the system fro backup Exec System Recovery but they moved recently and they cant find the disk.

relhok by Level 3
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking at the restore of Active directory/System State

In reviewing the backups I noticed that the restore option for System state on our DC servers don't list as I would expect them. System State appears twice for one DC and once for the other.. Under that the list of backup jobs to restore appears as...

BackupExec2010R3 and Tandberg RDX QuickStation

Hello all, Please help me to resolve issue with BackupExec2010R3  and Tandberg RDX QuickStation. BackupExec2010R3 installed on Windows 2008 R2 server. Tandberg RDX QuickStation network connected to the server by iSCSI initiator. Tandberg RDX QuickS...

backup job error

hi there i have a Qnap with raid 10  and i tring to backup and every time its faild with this massege  Storage device "Backups" reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: Access is denied. V-79-57344-34036 - An unkno...

e000e020

Hi, I am new to backups all my duplicate jobs are failed with error e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window,...

Resolved! Version (old) compatibility

BackupExec has not been used in our environment for several years, however, for compliance purposes we are required to maintain access to backups for a few more years. We currently have version 10d (which is EOL and EOS) installed on Windows Server ...

JohnTAus by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! BE 2010 migration options

I was tasked with decommissioning an old physical server running Server 2008R2. During my investigation I found that BE 2010 was installed on the server. BE is no longer in use but still has information re old tape backups that we need in case we nee...

ZRivkis by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Version 10 R2 Job Failed

Hello everyone, Im runing Sbs server 2003 Service Pack 2 i backup the server using Backup Exec 2010 Service Pack 2 recently one of the backup jobs started failing with the fallowing error: Job ended: Friday, February 05, 2016 at 4:58:12 AM Complete...

Drpc by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec and POPI Act

HI there,   I am currently using Backup Exec 10.0 and is currently busy addressing PoPi (Protection Of Personal Information) requirements with regards to unauthorised access. Can you advise when performing the backups, is the data stored in such a ...

Resolved! Job will not write to backup tape

Hi,   I'm having a problem getting a scheduled backup to write to a tape.  I'm getting the following error:   Please insert overwritable media ino the robotic library using the import command. overwritable media includes scratch, blank...etc.  ...

Resolved! BE version Backwards Compatibility

Situation: I am trying to restore from DAT tape.    I have no idea if the backups have been working or if there is anything on the tapes. I have no idea if the version of Backup exec that the customer has on CD that I can use to reinstall is the...

NeoIT by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Credentials Check Test run status : Fail

Test Run Job Information   Credentials Check   Backup job name : Weekly Full Backup Test run status : Fail Media protection: Overwrite Target device : HP 1 Target media : Media Set 1 Total by...

Aliwan by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SYMC BU licence

Hi Support, I'm Rifkha,from netsolutions,We had some question about Symantec Backup Exec: If the customer had 2 Server. They want to install the primary to one server, how can we install or connect the second Server to the primary Server?How many l...

1004Ann by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels