Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup to a NAS

I have Exec 10.d running on a Windows 2003 server and I want to add a NAS device so that I can backup my server to this new device over the net. My question is .... given the version of Exec that I have, does anyone have a reccomendation for a specif...

Need help figuring out SGMON output

Hi there, I am backing up our SAP production server using Backup Exec 9.1 build 4691. Lately the backup job has been failing intermittently. I have ran SGMON and caught the following error, however i am not sure what it means: beremote:  7d8 10/13/20...

bakeston by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BEWS 10_5520 can't connect to RAWS

BEWS (once was v8) on W2k Server has been working great for years backing up 12 computers.Until June, 2008, BEWS backed up to an internal SCSI Sequential DAT tape changer.In June, I switched to an Ethernet NAS drive connected to the 2nd E-net port on...

lwerman by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BackupExec 10 Will not accept serial number

Got this product free with a tape drive and finally decided to try it out. Registered the activation code and received a serial number. The application will not accept the serial number. Symantec tech support refuses to help me because I have not pur...

DBL by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE 10 and BE 10d with HP D2D 110 Backup System

I can only seem to get servers working if using single tape emulation - if I try to emulate the auto loader (thinstor) I get the below error and BE doesnt see it: 0003:0000:0001:0000  Device Name             ""                     Secondary Name     ...

wisebox by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Tamper Protection Alert on Backup

Event ID 45 Symantec Tamper Protection Alert Target: c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\RANT\beremote.exe Symantec Antivirus 10.1Backup Exec 10d Backup fails on our SQL server due to the Tamper Protection on our Symantec Antivirus. I recieve numero...

USS by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow throughput rate after x64 agent upgrade

HiWhen I used Windows 2003 std 32-bit the throughput rate was about 300 MB/min.But after my upgrade to x64 my throughput rate is about 1 MB/min.I have installed this agent: RAWSx64InstallMedia_280701.exeAgent is installed on a DELL PowerEdge 2950 wit...

BE 10D does not recognize LTO3 media

I have a Dell 124T autoloader with a Quantum internal drive, running on Server 2003 and BackupExec 10D. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated drivers/firmware for all hardware involved but cannot get the drive to show LTO3 as an available medi...

Restoring from Partially Overwritten Tape

Does anyone know of a way to restore original data from a tape that was been partially overwritten? I needed to restore some critical data, so went to the drive and inserted the necessary tape. Unfortunately, it turns out that just recently our backu...

typehack by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

RADLUS on SLES 10.2

I have a Windows Server that is configured to back up folders on my new SLES10.2 server. The job runs in seconds and says it is successful but no actual data is backed up. Any clues on what might be occurring? Update. The backup works with the /etc p...

tnjpatton by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

External USB HD seen as full when empty

Ok....we have 4 new 1TB drives....all are recognized by the OS, I can add them as removable drives in Veritas but when I try to backup to the drives I get a 0xa000810d error. Also when I check the properties it says there is 0 appendable. I have trie...

Active Cache File issue

I'm trying to back up folders on an external USB hard drive connected to one of our servers. (Using Backup Exec 10d.) When launching a small (15Mb) test backup, the job status shows "Snapshot Processing" for about half an hour, then the backup runs. ...

sjthomp by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please insert overwritable media into the Backup-to-Disk device.

During a recent job, we got this error > (Server: "OPD-SERVER") (Job: "OPD hard drive Incremental Backup") Please> insert overwritable media into the Backup-to-Disk device.>> Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media. Please> n...

Hank by Level 3
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup exec v9.1 "error -mount failed"

Hello,We use Veritas Backup Exec v9.1 for backup on the server for Windows 2000,I can not do a full backup, because I get the message "Error mount-failed, user canceled a Physical volume Library operation, error 0x0 ".To store, we use the 5 HDD USB2'...

kilot by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tandberg TS800 supported on BE 9.1?

I've tried downloading the latest (from 2005) drivers for BE 9.1 but they don't seem to include support for Tandberg's TS800. Does 9.1 support the TS800 or is there a work around?

BackupExec 10.1d and Acronis True Image Server

We have been using true image echo server to incrementally backup our data, all is working fine. But when we do a backup to tape using BackupExec 10.1d which again works without an issue but when the next incremental acronis backup runs, it backups a...

Exchange backup

I need to prove that the selections they are using at my new job are doubling up.....they have BOTH the mailboxes/public folders and first storage group chosen....am I correct....are we doubling up?

Error 1068 after migration V9 to V10.1.5629.3

Hello, I have an error in services, after migrating Backup Exec V9 to V10. When i execut Symantec Backup Exec ,a pop up show me connection to support server. I insert login password and domain, but  the service backup stopped and an error indicate th...

GENESE by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels