Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Automatically changing partitions configurations?

Hello! I have 8 tape slots available in my SuperLoader3. I want to run a full backup on the weekend that would require 6 tapes (1 partition configured for 6, basically the whole magazine minus the cleaning tape) and differentials during the week that...

CPS Snapshot Errors

Hi, Was wondering if anyone could help.  Running CPS 11d which pushes thew agents out fine, runs coninuous backups ok according to the schedule but it fails on creating the daily snapshot.  The error is gives is :- Failed to create snapshot on server...

SneakTC by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't back up SPS resources!

Hi All, I have a case open with Symantec on this but not really getting anywhere so I thought I ask the people!Customer has 11d 7170 SP3 Media server.Trying to back up SPS2007 which also has SQL 2000.Was able to finally run a test backup of the SPS s...

RALUS and ESX 3.5i

Will the RALUS Agent on Backup Exec 11 or 12 work with ESX 3.5i?  It works fine with 3.5, but I'm not sure it will work with 3.5i.

AlanS by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable single instance backup for message attachments

Hi,We have BE 11d v7170 w/SP3.  We upgraded to Exchange 2007, and have updated BE to backup Exchange.  All is fine.  But i'm curious, in earlier versions of BE you could 'Enable single instance backup for message attachments' for Exchange.  I don't s...

SteveD by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot backup Exchange & SQL Server

I Have a big issue. We have an SBS 2000 Server with SQL 2000. Recently we bought a new Server with Windows 2003 SP2 for migration,and tranferring services from w2k to w2k3.In SBS 2000 Veritas Backup Exec 10 was running for the backup, with agent for ...

schatz by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Media mount failed.

Backup Exec 11d  Get the following error:Backup- System?State System?StateMedia mount failed.User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.V-79-57344-33861 - The media operation was terminated by the user. As far as I can see the whole backup run...

Backup Exec and SSH usernames and passwords

Attempting to backup Linux share and have been provided with a ssh encrypted username and password to use for attaching to Linux share.  Does Backup Exec support this and if so how do you log into a Unix box with from Backup Exec with ssh username an...

Insufficient Privilege error with TSAFS on Novell

This problem has been plaguing us since implementing TSAFS based backup.  Our GroupWise PO & Domain backups are fine, but we get an "insufficient privilege" error on SOME of our GroupWise archives.  See below for an example."Insufficient privilege fo...

Selection list doesn't save

We upgraded from 10D to 11D V 6235 Sp3 I actually built a new server just because the old one was a critical server and backups were slowing some of the applications down. So I created a new selection list for 7 servers, saved it, then ran the job th...

edber by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Need download location

Hello all, I am the new IT Manager for a local non-profit.  I have a license for Backup Exec 11d which was purchased by my predescessor.  But I do not have the media for it.  I have searched, but am unable to find a download location.  Can someone pl...

IBM Ultrium LTO3 Running Slow

Hello All, I have a problem that I cannot figure out.  I have a brand new Dell PowerVault 110T LTO-3(http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/pvaul_110tlto3?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd)Backup Exec 12.5 (just upgraded from 11d) Windows SBS. ...

backup exec 11 backup to disk media questions

Hi, My client is running backup exec 11d on microsoft sbs, lately something is strange happend.the backup exec is set to backup to disk onsecond server, I set the media backup size to 1GB; which is works fine until a couple of days ago. on average it...

hkusumo by Level 3
Partner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 11D SP3 installation via Liveupdate.

Trying to install SP3 via Liveupdate and fails with the following error in logfile:- 10-17-2008,08:34:16 : V-225-205: ERROR: Unable to open the physical file "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEDB_Log.ldf". Operating system error 2: "2(erro...

SP3 Install Problem

BE11d Build 7170 with SP3.  I have been receiving multiple error messages every day that SP3 fails to install.  The BE log contains the following error: 10-16-2008,16:35:39 : This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exist...

JohnK by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels