Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Monthly Backup Getting Failed

Hi All, Myself new to Symantec Backup Exec and need solution for below issue. Monthly backup is getting failed for Windows 2003 server with below error. Job Completion Status Job ended: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 10:45:53 PM Completed status:...

Catalog Job Fails at - First Storage Group

I'am currenlty in site A. I'am trying to do a catalog using tapes from site B (full backup the the month of November (3 tapes) and month of October (3 tapes)). I'am using the same hardware and software as in site B : same servers, same version of ba...

lmdpedat by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Infos about Backup Full and Incr

Hi,   I have a question about Backup Exec, actually we do incremental backups Monday to Thursday and do a Full on the week-end. Some times the FULL backup do 50% of the job and failed, but we dont have the time to re-run the Full, and the monday t...

cryme77 by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Find the Tape Backup

Hello ! I was required to determine wich Tape backup configured to take Exchange  files on a daily basis. And its schedule. From Backup Exec, does anyone know where can I get this kind of information ? It is the first time I use this product. ...

Error- Mount Failed

Server 2003 running Symantec backup Exec 11d. We are trying to backup exchange and a shared folder to a local external USB hard drive. The backup's used to work, but suddenly they do not run anymore. They will actually run for days/weeks and I'...

jradish by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Back-up Exec Tape Folders Empty When Expanded

Hi,   I have a back-up tape I have carried out numerous restores from on backup exec 11d. One day I ran inventory on the tape to another restore but when I tried to expand the folders to select the files I wanted to restore, the folders where empty. ...

Seamus1 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Updating Backup Exec 11d to SP5

Hey All, I appologize if this has been answered a million times. I'm currently struggling with getting the newest service pack installed for this (notably) old version of backup exec. When I run the LiveUpdate it fails, and when I run the downloaded ...

Siiig by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remote agent does not respond on port 1026

Backup Exec 11d Sp5 Hot Fix 70 I recently encountered a problem with one server. In the backup log I get: "V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled." Digging into it the problem seems to be when BackupExec...

Resolved! Single Mailbox GRT Restore Failed Access Denied to Database

I am getting the error below when I attempt to do a restore of a users mailbox.   The user deleted all their mailbox items, so I am restoring everything right back to the same mailbox.    I tried running the restore again, and now it's just stuck 'ru...

new backup strategy with BE 11

Hi. In my company we actually backup some dozens of physical servers and some VM on a scsi autoloader (tape library) connected to the server where BE 11 is installed. Data copies run by night, we use 4 weeks and 4 months rotation, and differential ba...

Backup Exec 11d/Server 2003 failing with 0xe0008445

I've seen an number of posts with this error, and I believe it's occuring because an error received previously is waiting on a response and the job times out.  The previous error is an ODBC access error "possible lost connection to the database or un...

etarm by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup para Debian 7.0 Wheezy

Hola... ¿Quisiera saber si existe algún paquete cliente que funcione con seguridad para Debian 7.0 Wheezy? Agradezco de antemano cualquier ayuda (cperez@aguastenerife.org) GRACIAS.

ciatf by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Trying to make sense of "devices" in Backup Exec 11d

Hi all - I inherited a backup system running Symantec Backup Exec 11d in Windows 2003 R2 Standard. I am trying to make sense of everyting going on.  I have jobs defined that I want to maintain but I just do not know what the "devices" are and why the...

Jon_K by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels