Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Remote Agent Backup Exec 11 d

I have a license Backup Exec 11d without support and I need purchase a license of remote agent for a new server.   It is posible????

rbcost by Not applicable
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Symantec Backup Exec 11d - Backup via Mapped Network Drive

Hi I'm using Symantec Backup Exec 11d and actually I was sure, that's possible to do the backup via network drive.. So I tried it and it seems to me, that it's not working?! I'm using a Windows server and I want to have my backup on an LAN Syst...

sivan by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

JOB ON HOLD

Hi, Any advice to a virtual novice in using the backup exec would be appreciated. Two backup jobs have been created and scheduled to backup 2 different partitions on a external hard drive. The wizards were used successfully to create the backup folde...

Resolved! No Details for error message: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to Backup Exec for Windows

Hi community members,   Im running Symantec Backup Exec 11d and I get the following error when trying to run a job that backes up BackupExec information:   The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to Backup Exec ...

Restoring Windows SBS 2003 with BUE 11d

Greetings,     I am having to do a full restore of w2k3 sbs server including exchange, with BUE 11d. I have followed some articles and support forums, but everything I have read so far has holes in it. First, we lost 2 drives in the RAID 5, so full r...

JamKo by Level 3
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 11d SMTP issue Error=0x800e0001

Hello, I'm trying to send out email (smtp) notifications and have had problems doing so. I've verified the att.net account in question is active and allows SMTP on 465, and it does.  I've enabled logging on my 11d to see why the SMTP notifications ar...

HTL3 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Legacy Remote agent 9x

I have problem to restore the files using Backupexec windows server from Linux client running legacy remote agent 9x, when i create a restore job it shows me all files and directories but after few minutes the job stop showing the "invalid path or fi...

Resolved! Remote agent recognise iSCSI attached drive

Hi, I'm currently using Backup Exec 11d on SBS2003. I'm thinking of buying an iSCSI RAID array. One of the servers I backup via a remote agent would connect to the array via windows iSCSI initiator. Will the Backup Exec remote agent recognise the RAI...

Job ended: Completed status: Failed

Dear sir,            I can't take backup as Schedule through symatec Software, please given solution. i given log file bellow.   Job ended: Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 11:17:43 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0000363 - The Backup Exec SQ...

noormd by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! backup exec backup 2012

Hi,   we use backup exec 11d and has been used for tape backup, and we plan to upgrade to version 2012. the question, whether the result of the backup (tape) from version 11d can be restored in the 2012 version?     thanks

Joko_Lau by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore to NetWare 6.5/OES

Tasked with restoring an old GroupWise server to gain access to old emails. Complete NetWare noob, and IT from back in the day is long gone. GroupWise 7 was running on NetWare 6.5 OES. We have the software disks for NW and GW. I've duplicated what I ...

JRV2 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Windows Event IDs for successful backup?

I want to monitor the event log for successful backup.  Is there a list of possible event IDs and event sources that are used rather than just guessing based on what I happen to see at the moment?   Thanks

DNeb by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 11d with Windows 2012

Hello, I am currently in phase of migrating our servers from Windows 2003 to Windows 2012. For this purpose, i want to know whether Backip Exec 11d is supported with Windows 2012 or not. Secondly, i have a single server with multiple drives which nee...

Resolved! Hotfix 14 for Backup Exec 11d 7170

I am having the exact problem described in article below. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50358 I beleive I am looking for Hotfix 14 for but have not been able to find it. Thanks    

New media - How can i solve 0xe0008703 error?

I bought new media to BAckupExec11d. They are the same as i have in use now. I put a new tape on drive and started a TestRun and message was:   Media CheckOnline media check   : Insufficient online or nearline media is available to start job. Overwri...

Labels