Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Agente para Windows 2003

Estimados, buen día.- La consulta que tengo es la siguiente: Escenario: "tengo 2 server con sistema operativo Windows 2003 Std edition de 32 bits r2 SP2, a los cuales se les debe hacer Backup, en otro servidor tengo instalado Backup Exec 11d". Consul...

JoseC-UPC by Level 3
Partner
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exce 11d Remote Agent

Hi I have Backup Exec 11d install on my Windows SBS 2003 server, I add some new computers to my net that are running windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit) , and i can't install the Remote Agent so taht i will be able to backup those Computers, Where can i fi...

Resolved! BackupExec over writting first backup

I have recently been having problems with BE 11d. I was backing up my complete C: drive on one job, and my E: drive on a second job thereafter. This is done every week night on B2D to different folders, one being "backup" and the other being Veritas\...

Geebee12 by Level 3
  • 22 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Problem

Hi  I having problem as per screenshot. I cannot run inventory . It says unknown media on all tapes. We had robotic arm issue last week . We have replaced it already. Backup exec is running on Window 2003 R2. Now I can insert the tapes.2 tapes inside...

Hardware search for compatible tape drive

I'm still using BE for Windows Servers 11d build 7170.  I know it's old but it is still reliable.  Our Sony SDX-570v tape drive bit the dust.  I'm trying to find a tape drive that is compatible with the BE11d and the backup tapes we currently have ou...

ghsadmin by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec CPS 11d leeching memory

Dear all, I'm using the CPS 11d on a Windows 2003 Server 64-bit. I have 4 GB of memory installed, which should be far suffiscient, as there are no Exchange Servers or SQL Servers installed. On friday I had a look at the Performance Settings in the Ta...

Help Restore from Multiple BKF files

I have a sbs2003 server crash a week after the tape drive died. I chose to back up to disk until the replacement tape drive arrived. I have 55 x BKF files all 1Gb each and I am having real trouble resoring the files on a different server. The backups...

Resolved! BE Services of 11D getting failed automatically

Hi all,   It is the second time my BE services of 11d is getting failed automatically. because of this reason my all scheduled backup jobs are not going to complete as per scedule. below error is generated in event id   Event ID 1000 in the Applicati...

Offline files & Backup Exec

Hi all, I currently have a file archiving solution moving all files on a large share to cheap disk if they havent been modified for over a year.  This then leaves a "stub" behind of a few kilobytes pointing back to the archived file.  The problem I h...

MrKipling by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE 11d does not send out e mail notifications

BE 11d will send test notification but not a notification when the job finishes. I have verified updates are installed and I have tried disabling the option of including the job log. Please help.

BE 11Does Not Send Out Notifications

I have BE 11 and I have contacts in the notification tab to sent e mails when the job is finished. I can send a test message and get something but when the backup job completes I get no notification. Any ideas?

Backup failing due to e000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered

Hi  All, Our server OS needs to be reinstalled due to some serious issues, but unfortunately full backup is failing with error e000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered, whereas incremental backup getting completed with exceptions.. Need this to be sorted ...

Upgrade from 11d to 2012

Hi, I have been working with Symantec support since Thursday, (5 days ago), I have Backup Exec11d on an old Server 2003. Here's what we have done so far, I have built a new server 2003 64 bit, installed 11d, upgraded to 12.5, moved Data and Catalogs ...

Resolved! symantec backup exec 11d

Hi, We are running symantec backupexec 11d on a windows 2003 server. I am trying to install remote agent to 2 windows 2008 64bit computers on my network. The install fails with error : installation failed with error 1603. Any help would be appreciate...

carolin by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Large Incremental back file - BackUP Exe 11d

Hi, Problem: Very large Incremental files. Seems to be going forever until disk runs out of space. I am doing backup every day of the week. Back up of two seperate departments>>>>makting and Accounting. Saturday and Sundays I take full backups of bot...

WasimAh by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backing up Hyper-V VM's

My larger challenge will be getting from 11d to Continous Protection for Hyper-V. Can anyone chime in on how they backup their SQL/Exchange (any DB) VM's.  Do you just backup VHD's; or do you actually perform application aware backups of the database...

VFF Open Failure - Exchange 2007 - BE 11d

I believe this started occuring after trying to "Enable the restore of individual mail messages and folders from Information Store backups" when I was moving the Journal Mailbox from 2003 to 2007, and wanted to ensure archived emails could be recover...

DR Test - Server 2003 DC - BE11d

Hi all, I'm currently carrying out a DR test of some of our servers. The 1st server is our main DC, which is also a file server. We're using BE 11d. These are the instructions I followed http://www.backupexecfaq.com/performing-a-local-disaster-rec...

MB1980 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Event Log: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error

Hi, if anyone know a solution for this paritcular event in window application log with this particular error message? i have attached the screenshot of the event. EventType clr20r3, P1 bkupexec.exe, P2 12.0.1364.177, P3 4bb4c99a, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0....

Labels