Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Exchange 2007 Snapshot Error

I am getting the following errors when trying to back up MS Exchange 2007 with Backup Exec 11d remotely.  It is set to back up the active database because the LCR is turned off. There are no network issues with the server however it gives this same e...

Speed of jobs that go to Tape is very slow

Hello,  since some days the speed ofjobs that backup to my SCSI IBM LTO-3 Tape drive (in a Tandberg T40 Storage Loader) just go with a speed of arround 10 MB/min wich is defently to slow. I Changed the drive. I changed the SCSI cables and terminator....

Backup Exec Remote Agent Service Fails after 1 restart

Hi All I'm Running Backup Exec 11d on my Windows 2003 Servers. However the remote agent service on the Domino server will run for one Backup session then I restart the service and It will run for another session. However when i go to restart the serv...

_QU_FF by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to disabled AOFO on backup job including Exchange.

I am running a series of backups.  On occasion the job will fail with the following error: Backup- \\EXCH07BE.domain.com\E: NewVolumeV-79-57344-34110 - AOFO:Initialization failure on: "\\EXCH07BE.domain.com\Microsoft InformationStore\First Storage Gr...

Tim5700 by Level 3
Partner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup to disk jobs stucked in queued state

I am working with a Windows Small Biz server with BE 11d. They are using a 500 external USB drive for backup to disk jobs. About a week ago, the backup jobs started getting stuck in a "queued" state. I have tried multiple troubleshooting steps, inclu...

Pre/Post commands

Right Now I'm having a problem running pre/post commands on Backup Exec for Windows Server ver. 11.0 Rev 6235. Backup Exec is running on windows 2003 server which was recently made into an Active Directory domain controller. The system is running as ...

Taipan by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quantum Superloader Tape Jammed in Slot

We have a Quantum Superloader tape drive and have a tape in a slot that will not eject. We keep getting an elem table bad type 2B error. We've tried just about everything we can think of and have the drive partially disassembled. We tried using the B...

jbaril by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does Exchange Agent Automatically Use AOFO?

We are having some AOFO issues (apparently) when backing up our Exchange 2007 mailstores. We get a catastrophic failure (ox8000ffff) when the backup is apparently trying to use the Msft VSS. The thing is, the backup job explicitly does not have AOFO ...

BEDB

Has anyone found a document that defines all of the tables in the BEDB database? I was tasked by managment to create custom reports for our backups. I can connect to the database without problems, and I can browse the tables, I am just wanting a docu...

Smasher by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory does not work

Hi.My set up is I backup nightly to D2D and then weekly to D2d and to the attached internal LTO3 on the HP Storageworks D2D.I am trying to do a restore from a tape created 2 months ago.My problem is that when I inventorz or catalog the tape it still ...

shirtliff by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Media Full, overwrite protected = no place for backup!

I have about 20 backup jobs that run each weekend and total about 1TB. I have an autoloader with 8 slots and partition it so there are 2 DLT-S4 tapes available for these backup jobs. (other partitions/slots are for differential backups and monthly ar...

grepla by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backups to disk

Hi,I have a Win Server 2003  R2 SP1 with BEWS 11 Rev. 6235 SP2. I do backups to disk, but since a few days appear te message "Backups-to-disk folder 1" with the legend Low disk space in the devices tab. There is 40 GB of free space and the disk space...

eFe by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compressed Tape Backup

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I just don't understand what's going on. I have a 20/40 tape and am trying to backup ~22GB of data using hardware compression. Under Media, it describes the tape as: Overwritable, Not Appendable (Media Full...

compro by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How much do DLO license cost?

Hi, I currently have Backup Exec 11d and would like to know how much it cost to set more DLO licenses as it comes with 5 out of the box and was wonder how much they cost for extra ones. Thanks in advance.

emiop by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft KB958644

Hi,  Has anyone installed microsoft kb958644?  Does it impact backup exec in anyway? Regards,Hendry Vinton

Labels