Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

VSS Error: Not present on the snapshot

Backup Exec 12.5 Full and incremenatl backups fail 100% of the time with the following errors.   VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\vmnetdhcp.exe is not present on the snapshot. VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\vmnat.exe is...

Using Policy's

Backup Exec 12.5 on SBS Server, Exchngae, SQL 2005 and Share Point. I have 2 Removable 1 TB Hard Disks, full backups are aproximately 150 GB in size. Currently I have seperate Full backup 1 x week with 6 incrementals for my Boot Partition and my Data...

Veritas 12 and Exchange on a backup to disk folder

Hello, I have a problem with a SBS 2003 Server and Veritas Backup Exec 12 for Windows Server (V12 rev. 1364 - all updates installed). I have made a job, where I backup  the Exchange Server, another backup job save data/system state. One day a week we...

klaun by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Library Insert Alert

I have recently taken over the Backup Duties at my company due to the departure of a coworker, so i am new to Backup Exec.    About My Environment: I am running Backup Exec 12.5 with 2 Dell Tape Libraries. One is a Power Vault 136T with 6 LTO-2 Drive...

Resolved! Tape drive keeps going offline

I have a backup configured on a HP storage works DAT 160 SAS tape drive. Every so often the backup fails and the HP tape drive goes offline. I can then right click the tape drive and select online and it comes online but when i click inventory the dr...

jskyner by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

B2D Job Failure

Hi Team, My Domain Controller Backup to Disk jobs are failing. The operating system is windows 2003 Server Standard Version with service pack 1.Below is screen soghot of error. Anybody have an idea to resolve this issue ? Thanks, Mithun

omithun by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

1 Job but 3 backups on tape

I have Backup exec set up on 2008 server.  I created 1 backup job but on my tape it shows it is doing 3 backups a day?? Why? 2 are the same size and the 3rd is only 6,059,176 kb compared to the 10,485,770 kb any ideas?

Rick9920 by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BEWS 12.5 queueing of DBA-initiated jobs

Supposing I have a few dozen regular backup jobs that run every night to our 4-drive tape library while the servers are relatively idle, and then I need to run a DBA-initiated Oracle backup job also late at night, how does queueing work?  Will the DB...

Resolved! Backup Exec 12.5 tapes not filling - end marker unreadable

Hello all, I've been having a problem with backups for a while, here's a perfect example: a backup ran that totaled 2.1tb took EIGHT 800/1600 LTO4 tapes instead of the expected 3-4 even with zero compression. All the jobs are set to "append, but over...

Resolved! Verification

If I have BUE 12.5 installed on the machine and renew the license to 2010, do I have to do anything on the server? I dont want to upgrade yet? What are the things that I have to make sure that the server is ok?

Resolved! Restore job restore wrong files from wrong server.

Hi I have two Selection lists: Selection list 1: server A Selection list 2: Server B From these Selection lists I create one job each. Now, when I create a restore job from server A, I see all files on Backup exec. That's OK. But, in the same resto...

Resolved! About hardware compression...

Hello everybody I have this situation: when I backup a linux or windows directory to tape, this device compress it well. But on a Backup Policy, with a Duplicate Template to tape, the directory doesn't go to tape as compressed and appears a 1:1 Comp...

Restore Oracle database

Dears I have backup oracle database using backup exec 12.5 successfully, when I want to restore I can't select the oracle database backup, Its a hide file.

slmong by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade Backup Exec 12.5 to 2010

I am fairly new to the Backup Exec product. I have been tasked with performing an upgrade from 12.5 to 2010. I wanted to ensure that I have backup'd all the data just in case the in place upgrade to does not work. I do realize that there are multiple...

Labels