Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

BEremote memory leak on failed backup

Hello, A few days ago, our Windows server 2008 R2 has crashed because of a Out of Memory event caused by beremote.exe process which used up to 30GB of memory... Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs...

JulioQc by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restore mailbox db error E00002F7

Hi, I'm trying to restore a mailbox database to a recovery database through backup exec. After the process "staging" we are getting the error E00002F7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the exchange backup. V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete t...

BE2010 Restoration to BE15

hello,   can anybody advise if i can restore BE2010 data in the tape to BE15 after i have done the upgrade of the BE server from 2010 to 2015?   thanks  

installation in folder destination backup create

hi, i have used a tap system but before few day my tap is not working condition. So i have create a backup in folder drive. but i have not idea how to create backup in folder. So please any Boddy Help Me. 

daulatram by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! get error when i add license

The backup fail about 1 years ago, after i check everything, there are no license in this backup exec. So i ask user provide me the license info then i and add into it but got error. The server using symc backup exec 2010 r3, license they purchase wa...

Felix89 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec Server Won't Start

Hello - My Backup Exec 2010 R3 on Microsoft SBS 2011 Server has been running fine till about a week ago. Since then, I can not get the Backup Server to "Start". Here is what the Event Viewer comes up with : Log Name:      Application Source:     ...

mmpcns by Level 3
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jobs won't un-que and creates a @@@@@@@@.bkf

I just set up a NAS using iSCSI and connected it with a Windows Server 2008 R2.  The connection is working.  I can copy files to the iSCSI drive.  BE2010 sees the iSCSI drive.  I have created a Device in BE2010 which successfully completed.  BE2010 s...

How to use Hyper-V module

Hi, I have my media server using Win 2008 R2 Std x64. I installed Hyper-V module (60 days trial) in Backup Exec 2010 R3 (licenced). I hava also two servers with Win 20012 in cluster and with Hyper-V service. I did remote install of the agent in bot...

Resolved! BAckup Exec 2010 R3 Sp4

Hello, We are currently using Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP4(media/remote/agents) in our environment.It will be very helpful if someone can let me know till when Veritas will be supporting this version of software so that we can plan for an upgrade.Called ...

Arkya by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

latest SQL server

I have SQL Server 2005 installed on my backup server running on Server 2008 R2 64 bit.  My BE version is 2010 R3.  What is the latest version of SQL that is compatible with what we have?

jga by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backing up to 'All Devices' does not work

We have a Dell Tape Library that has 2 drives that can be backed up to at the same time. And, we have a dozen jobs that run in the span of a weekend. My quandary is this...in the 'Job Setup' properties and the Destination for 'Device and Media', th...

Driver needed for Exabyte Magnum 2 x 24

I am needing the driver for Exabyte Magnum 2 x 24 Tape Library running on windows 208r2 - backup exec 2010R3.  Can someone point me to the URL for me to download the driver.

arbodu by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NDMP backup fails with error 0xe0001319

Hello. We are trying to use the NDMP option to back up shares on a Dell FS7600 appliance. After many hours of digging and speaking with Dell, we ran across this post (https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/ndmp-backup-fails-0xe0001319#comment-93527...

AB_IT by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cancel Pending Hung

I have a job that has been at "Cancel Pending" for going on 24 hours now. I have restarted all services multiple times, as well as manually stopped processes, as well as rebooting the server itself. The job is still showing as "Cancel Pending." Any a...

exchange backup woes

I have been having problems with my exchange backup for the last 2 weeks now.  I have been getting error E0000821 and E000035E.  The last 2 nights, I have been stuck with updating catalogs status.  I cancelled it yesterday.  Today, it has been going ...

jga by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with GRT Restore Exchange 2010

Hi, I'm facing a problem whle trying to restore. I created a RDB mailbox using : New-MailboxDatabase -Recovery -Name RDB -Server "gpis-exch" -EdbFilePath "E:\Exchange\Mailbox\R ecovery\Recovey.edb" -LogFolderPath "E:\Exchange\Mailbox\Recovery" ...

CPS - Restore Attempts

Hello All, I have recently started encountering issues with my CPS server. I can see in the folder directory (on the CPS server) that jobs are being backed up (they are constantly backing up any changes on the target servers). However, when I go to ...

Corey_E_ by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

e000035e error

I just joined a new organization and has been tasked to handle the backup environment.  I am not new to handling backups btw.  My exchange backup(this is an excisting policy) ran good for a couple of days. The last couple of days, my daily incrementa...

jga by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels