Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup speed to deduplication folder

I am concerned about speed, which i can achieve with backup to deduplication folder. I have opened case in Symantec but it under investigation through more than month and seem the end is not close. Maybe I want more than Backup Exec may give to me? S...

Alex_Zn by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restart BEX-Services

Hello!   I want to restart my BackupExec Services befor starting backup. Is their a script to to this? My System: BackupExec 2010R3.   thx Hansi

SQL 2005 redirected restoration issue

Hi,   I have backed up databases of SQL 2005 and was backed up with BE12.5 now i going to restore on diff server with same configuration through BE2010r3. now i am able to create new job for backup and restore on this server but unable to restore hav...

Resolved! B2T

Assuming we want to use the exagrid device as B2D storage how do I setup the dedup option so I could able to backup the file back to tape? Currently we run the test backup for B2D and it was successful. How do we run B2T? Our current setup not to use...

no_name1 by Level 5
Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maintenance plan has failed: 10, Dump database failed.

I've search on the internet for this message and ran into a lot of articles.   Strangely enough i've tried the following: Run a Database Consistency Check using BEUtility - does not fail. Repair also runs fine. Rebuild also runs fine. Compact also...

MarcelB by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 DLO - Unable To Connect To Media Server

I was able to recover our Symantec BE after the following issue: migration    BE is working fine now.   If I go to the DLO option from within BE though, I get the following error after clicking it "Unable to connect to media server". I am then presen...

RyanJP by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Error when trying to restore data in or DR site

Hi folks, I am not able to restore files and folders with symantec bacukp exec 2010 R2. There is an RODC on site that is connected to an PDC and replicating and working. I am using an account that has the following user assignments, In my point of v...

BackupExec 2010 R3, Pauses inside job between resources

After migrating to new Server with Windows Server 2008 backup jobs became more quickly but only for one time. after investigation, I found that during job between resources such as disk "C" "D" "System state" "Shadow Copy Components" from same ser...

Resolved! Subsequent Backup Exec 2010 R3 jobs remain queued

Hello all, Been fighting the issue since Tuesday 12/4.  What happens is this: after a scheduled reboot of my backup server, a Win2003 box, running Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP2, into a Dell ML6000 library with 6 LTO-3 drives, it would not start jobs. All t...

Backup exec transfer speed from one particular VM to tape slow

I have recently discovered that one of my VMware VMs transfer from disk to tape is V. slow. Other VMs are fine but this one has 100ishGB data and seems to only get to 113Mb transfer rate. I have followed the usual troubleshooting: copying from VM to ...

RC_2 by Level 2
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hyper-v issue

Hi, WE have an server 2008 R2 that is Hyper-v and we use BE 2010 R2 to back-up the Virtual machine on this Hyper-v server, this hyper-v server has about 6 virtual servers on it, I can back-up all of them except 2. I can start the backup and I can bac...

Resolved! How to find out compression per job on tape

I am trying to find a way if possible of finding out how much a particular job compressed on to a tape.  I know you can find out the compression ratio on a tape, but I am trying to identify how well a particular backup job has compressed.  The byte c...

Resolved! B2D -> auto detect Failure? Fixed with restarting services

Hello, I have 2 NAS devices, they get swapped weekly however backup exec fails to see which one if offline resulting in a backup failure. They are both listed as online, but the backup wont work, when I restart the services, it is correct, 1 device U...

jminnebo by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels