Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Error Message: Win32/Win64 API DeviceIoControl failed

My school is using Backup Exec System Recovery 2010, it can't any backup from last week. This moring is show up an error message: Win32/Win64 API DeviceIoControl (IOCTL_VSNAP_MAKE_READONLY) failed. I don't know how to solve it, please anyone has any...

danmak by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

backup exec software files cryptolocked

Hi all, Recently we are suffering several intrussions into our systems files and servers. One of the servers was running symantec Backup Exec solution and the copies were been storaged in a RDX disk. We have to restore all documents and several syst...

Resolved! CASO Server IP

Hello all, i have to change the IP of the CASO Server - connected are 38 managed media servers.. Should this be possible ? What steps i have to do on the MMS ?  

Raimar by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec Obsolescence Enquiry

Good morning, Please could you tell me when Backup Exec 2010 R2 and Backup Exec 2010 Virtual suite ceases to be supported and what Veritas products they are superseded by? Any assistance is appreciated. Regards, Richard

How import jobs?

I understand that the job log info is located in job logs as BEX*.XML files in the data folder. I have rebuilt a dozen jobs on our B.Exec Media Server 2010. (we just did a reload of the Media Server). I don't want to rebuild the jobs again unneccess...

insufficient disk space

My backup jobs are going to a SAN(E:) which has an alloted space of 10TB. It has a treshold set at 10 gigs. My backup jobs are set to append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available. Over the weekend, my backup-to-disk folder ran out o...

jga by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Legacy Restore Mailbox data

Final error:  0xe00002fc - Cannot restore one or more mailboxes. The database that the mailboxes reside in is dismounted or is not accessible. Ensure that the server is available and that the database is mounted, and then run the job again. Final err...

Label B2D media

We are using BE 2010 with an RD1000 external tape drive for our target media. It creates the media labels as "B2D000123" etc.. I would like to change these labels to something that matches our media set, e.g. "Tape 1", "Week 1 Inc", "Week 2 Full", e...

kennyb by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can't backup SQL 2012

Dea All, I am using Symantec Exec 2010 R2 and now am just upgrade my SQL from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2, after the upgrading my SQL I facing a problem which can't select my SQL instance ( please find my attachment file for more detail about message error)....

Resolved! Where can I get my BE2010 license file from?

Hope someone can help or give me some guidance. A server with BE 2010 installed stopped working correctly (BE not the server in this case) and I need to reinstall BE2010 though I don't have my BE2010 license file (.SLF). I've looked on the server an...

sjray by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore job - Backup Exec trust relationship

Hi, We are using Backup Exec 2010 R3 and trying to run a restore job to an Exchange 2010 / Windows Server 2008 R2 server. Here is the error I am receiving. Final error: 0xe0009b86 - Backup Exec cannot connect to the remote agent because a trust rel...

Resolved! BEUtility won't open

I have logged into my media server with local admin rights and launched the BEUtility. All of the utilities I attempt (Dump database, drop database, check indices etc) fail. So, I am wondering if I instead should be opening BEUtility as the account ...

How to delete old media with a media set customized?

Hi everyone, I do a full backup every Saturday at midnight on external disk HD1, and then on the week I do incremental backups every 4 hours all days until the next full backup. Now I've set a media set for my incremental backups with OPP 16-week an...

papali by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to purge the list of backups still availables?

Hi all, one external hard disk where I do the full backup is broken, lost everything, but there is no problem, had the backups already very old. The problem is that if I try to retrieve a file via the Restore job, I still see as available backups ma...

papali by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow backups

Backup Exec 2010 R2 with a Quantum LTO-6 tape drive, Domino 8.5.3 FP5 running on Windows server 2003 64-bit. The backup job was running at 2400 MB/Min and now has dropped to 785 MB/Min. No updates have been installed, not receiving any network or har...

Allan_R_White by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels