Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec and Windows NT Backup Media

I reloaded our server with same version of BExec. Now, all the tapes in the "Devices" > Slot interface have a media set name of: "Backup Exec and Windows NT Backup Media". I have inventoried a couple tapes and "catalogged" them. And the media set n...

Resolved! Job History is missing after BExec Reload

I needed to reload Backuip Exec 2010 on the same server. I have imported the catalogs into the new directory. And I have verified thatthe "Restore job" does see the catalogs to choose from. Problem I do not have any job history in the 'Job History...

Urgent Request - Backup Exec Install Fails

I had to reinstall Backup Exec 2010 R3 on WIndows 2008 Server. I did an uninstall of SQL 2005 and 2008 prior. Now when I install, it fails with 3 errors in the log. 1. V-225-206 Connection 1 attempt failed SSL Provider.... 2. V-225-209 Unable to ...

Resolved! Backup/Restore Backup Exec 2010

Hi Everyone, We busy doing migrations from Backup Exec 2010 to 2015, but before we switch off the old servers I would like to backup 2010 should we need to roll back for what ever reason. I have been looking at the process for backing up and restor...

Cupis by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Changing Database Maintenance Log Path?

Does anybody know if it is possible to rename or even change the path of of the database maintenance log? I do not want to change the path or where the backup logs go though. Is it even possible to make it so that no actual log is created for it?

Database cant be fixed via BEUtility

I am using B.Exec 2010R3. I saw that my BExec Services were stopped. Upon trying to start them, the "dependency service" error repeated until I got to Device and Media Manager service. That gave me a "...server specific error code  536928979". And....

Resolved! update BackupExec 2010 - BackupExec 2015

Hallo, wir planen BackupExec 2010 R3 auf die aktuelle Version BackupExec 2015 up-zu-daten. Gibte es irgendwelche Tipps, wir wir das update am besten ohne grosse Probleme machen können. Ich denke die Agenten auf den Server müssen ebenfalls upgedate...

Restore single Mails without having the Exchange anymore

Hi Everybody! I have some kind of funny problem ;) Because of some law stuff a have to restore 3 emails from a couple of years ago. I found the tape, looked into my old Backup Exec 2010 and found those mails with the recovery assistant. Now my probl...

Upgrading from 2010 to 2014 - multi-step upgrade required?

Hi, I've read: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO98878 and it talks about how if your BUE version is prior 2010 R3 (Which mine is), you'll require a multi-step upgrade. I just want to know if this is only for when upgrading to 15 or...

SelinaP by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Capacity check status : Failed

sadly one of our backup roll if failed when i check the eroree detials if fouend the resaults came back as capacity chec filed    with the folowing dtiles  Server name : DATASERVER Job name : TestRun 00042 of Share To Tape tesr Jo...

Roomeo by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error ECA303FD when creating new custom recovery disk

I currently have a custom symantec recovery disk that I am trying to modify with backup exec. Whenever i make the changes and hit finish for Backup exec to create the image it fails at the end of the burning. Error ECA303FD: The thin host configurati...

Manikuba by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

backup faild please help

Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred. Final error category: System Errors   Storage device "Qnap-srv" reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: Access is denied. V-79-573...

backup faild please help

Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred. Final error category: System Errors   Storage device "Qnap-srv" reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: Access is denied. V-79-573...

Restaurer base Exchange dans un autre emplacement

Bonjour,   J'utilisais jusqu'en 2014 un serveur Exchange 2007. J'effectuais la sauvegarde des bases sur bandes avec BE. Depuis, je suis passé sur un nouveau serveur Exchange et ai supprimé le 2007. Je souhaite récupérer des anciennes boites mails. ...

SPAULY by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec drive space issue

We are using BE2010 R3 w/SP4 and some days (usually after a full job) the local drive space on the BE server goes from 200+ Gb down to less than 80Gb. We have alerts setup if the drive space dips below a certain amount and we get these alerts in the ...

kennyb by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore fails with Error 0xe0000603

Hello, I want to recover some tapes back of 2005. The backup is divided into two bands, and included multiple Windows servers. The former backup server no longer exists for a few years, so we had to catalog the old tapes again. Cataloguing procee...

Jaro510 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! File format and naming

Where can I locate documentation about the file format and naming used by Backup Exec (various versions)? Given a directory containing a backup (incremental or set of indepentent recovery points) can I see from the file names if the backup was compl...

Backup Exec 2010 R3 server service will not start - Event ID 57802

Can I please get a hand with the following Backup Exec service problem?  Here are the details...    Installed on MS Server 2008 R2     Backup Exec 2010 R3 with basic core license (cannot access currently to get patch level)    SQL Server 2005 (whi...

JanBog by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't see tape statistics

Hello Guys, I am new to backup exec and backup job as well, I am apologising in advance for my dumb questions. I've got 3 questions. We have a tape library HP MSL4048, I inserted a tape from oct 2015. When I go to backup exec, the tape's status is ...

Labels