Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 Will Not Back Up

I am having an issue with Backup Exec 2010 running on Windows Small Business Server 2008. We have been having so much trouble backing up the customers data. It will fail for various reasons, overwrite is not permitted despite the tape having been man...

Restore from tapes, without server, tape library or catalog that the tapes were created on, and not Overwrite catalog on good operational Backup Exec install

Well this solution has proven difficult. I have tapes that are a backup of a file server which may contain data we would like to restore. The file server is gone, the tape library the tapes were created on is gone, and there is no backup of the ta...

Backup throughput has slowed right down

Hello everyone. I have a problem with my backup, which I hope someone may have the answer to. I have a Dell Poweredge T110 with a RAID 1 config using Sata Discs. We are using BE2010 R3. The server is running Windows 2008 SBS. We backup to 2 exter...

Resolved! restore BKF image

How do I restore data from a .bkf image created by backup exec

Brinkgt by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3: Error e000e20

Hello, We're using Symatec Backup Exec 2010 and our backup and backup jobs are failing with this error. e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination ...

DavidX89 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

VHD restore from tape

Hi, i'm trying to restore some data from a non GRT tape backup. I have a hardware server which i'lll call the PS, and then 3 virtual server running on that in Hyper-v. a RODC, a CS  and a TS. I want tio restore a few files and folders from a previou...

stoolzo by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

device paused

Dear All When I Tring To Restor Data From Tape Show The Massage. Device Paused Kindly See The Attachment.

Resolved! Database Maintenance Registry Key

BE2012R3   Does anybody know where the registry key is for the Database Maintenance time? The default is 4:00AM. I need to change the time on 300+ servers. I have the ability to do it all at once if I know where the key is. Thanks!

Restore BKF and tape from destroyed system.

I have a tape with a backup and a 3.5" HDD with with .BKF-files. I need to restore these on new a system running server 2008 and Backup Exec 2010. The system from which the backup originates is no more, there is no possible way to restart it. It al...

rizzon by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Problem with backup exec 2010 R3 SP4 backup fails linux

Hi all, I have a problem when im doing the backup after  i updated to service pack 4. I use VMware and i have 7 virtual servers one of them is OS Linux and  the rest is Windows. The windows servers going  fine but when it comes to linux server its f...

Resolved! Catalog job takes over 24hours to run

Hi my catalog jobs normally take around 3 hours to complete. in the last few days they are taking in excess of 24hours. version is 2010r3 restarting the LT04 Tape drive; Windows Server makes no difference. can anyone assist thanks Lois

Backup job stalled

Hi All I have a backup job which is running but no data transfers are taking place. The Elapsed Time is incrementing but the Byte Count remain static. The transfer rate is showing as 2.00mb/min when it is usually between 500mb and 2000mb. The ser...

Fred12 by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Large Catalog Cleanup

Hi Good Folk, I am sure this is the umpteenth time that someone has posted this, but I wanted to confirm some things before I went to town on my Catalog Folders. If I turn on Truncate Catalogs, the headers will remain, but the bulk of the data will...

Cupis by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels