Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup SQL in cluster

Hello everyone, I would like to set a backup job on my dbs (SQL 2005) . The structure is form like this: 2 servers in cluster and 1 storage where all dbs and logs reside.Can anyone point me to the right direction? Do both servers in the cluster need ...

kakagol by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Full and Differentials on different B2D devices

Hi All - We're currently running Backup Exec 2010.   We do a full backup on Friday nights and differentials Monday through Thursday - all to the same B2D device (different B2D folders for each job on the EHD).   I also have a separate full backup tha...

Restore Issue on Exchange 2010

When I am trying to restore email using (GRT),it giving me error Error category : Resource Errors Error : e0000f04 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not be running the Backup Exec...

Ajish by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup exec invalid credentials

i am running backup exec 2010 R3 on a hyper v server and getting invalid credentials message. I am using the domain admin account (which is used on 4 other servers and they backup ok). does anyone have any ideas?   THanks

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 VMWare SAN Backups V-79-57344-38277

I'm having issues trying to backup a VMware environment with Backup Exec 2010. I setup the iSCSI initiator service. The LUN's show up in disk management. I see that the snapshots in vcenter are created and then almost immediately removed. Backup Exec...

Baron164 by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore data from a retired server from tape

I have the need to restore data from a server that was life-cycled several months ago.  The replacement server was named something different. When I am in the restore wizard I can see the old server listed and I can drill down into the server and see...

Shimmy by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Problems with backup taking too long and not finishing.

Hi all,   I am just posting looking for advise with an issue we have been having for a while, backup exec isn’t backing up on a server of ours. We have replaced the tape, used a cleaning tape but we can’t seem to fix the issue we are having with back...

Resolved! Exchange 2010 on Hyper-V GRT backups

Running BE 2010 R3, Win 2008 R2 and Exchange 2010 SP2 in a cluster and DAG config.  I am able to successfully do GRT backups of Exchange 2010 if I create a job specifically to back up the guest server and the Information store....the exchange store a...

Resolved! Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 on CSV

Hi there, I have a 2 node CSV on which live a number of Hyper-V virtual servers. If I (using the Hyper-V agent) back up a virtual; server where the server is on the same node that owns the CSV the backup works fine. If, however, I try to back up a hy...

Backup job started to fail due to backup size

Dear All, I am using backup exec 2010 for the Backup Jobs with HP Ultrium-3 drive drive. I am using Media C7973A 800 GB RW Ultrium-3  LTO all of sudden the backup job started to fail due to backup size, I checked on the media properties, statistics...

Nermeen by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! cannot expand all resources

Hi There, I was unable to login as Domain Admin to my backup server, apparently the server lost the trust relationship with the domain and for that reason I removed sever from the domain, renamed and rejoined the domain. Now I am able to login, howev...

R2_D2 by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! sql backup error

Hi when i want get backup from SQL DB i see this error: Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are on-line, and then try again. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Ed...

sadegh by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Exchange server, restore failing with Backup Exec 2010

Hi, Anyone help me on this issue. I need to restore mail box from exchange server with Backup exec 2010, its getting fails with below error. I checked port 10000 with remote agent, its opened and I reinstalled remote agent on exchange server from Bac...

NBU_13 by Level 6
Accredited Certified
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VMWare Backup with Agent installed cause SQL backup

Backup Exec 2012 R3, all patch. We are backuping our sharepoint infra thru the sharepoint agent. In the policy, we are doing: ·         a weekly full database backup ·         a daily differential database backup ·         a daily logs backup We we...

Backup Job on Tape Get not finish

Hi Experts, I having the same old problem. I created a Job, putting my backup in the tape: Files, SQL, Shadow Copy and System State.   Ok. There is 51 GB of Backup, but when the job finish this 51 GB, it doesn't finish and doesn't eject the tape. I a...

Resolved! DLO client getting disabled in Windows 7 System.

Hi, We have the following:- 1. BE 2010 with DLO.(Windows 2003 Std SP2) 2. DLO Client - Windows 7 (32bit)   Now, most of thesewindows 7 system's DLO Client were getting disabled. I have changed the registry, check the permission of the Shared storage ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010- R3 Agent Oracle on Linux - RHEL 5.8

What is it with Symantec Tech Support! I get conflicting information on their support for Oracle Agent on Linux RHEL. I have at least 1 Test server that is running  Oracle11GR2 that is on a  RHEL 5.8 server and it works for backups. I have another en...

bjhow by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels