Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Lost encryption key!

Hi. I'm really hoping someone has a solution for me other than just remembering the encryption key because that's not going to happen. The encryption key was setup by the old admin who has no idea what he was doing. He named the key "backup key" but ...

LTO-7-HH Support

Hello everyone,   i just wanted to get an Information about the compatibilty i can not understand why only ONE LTO7 Drive should be able to work with BE....   A Costumer of our Company uses BE2012 and needs more Storage to be Backed up. So we wan...

LTO4 tape encryption and reading media labels

Hello, We use LTO4 tapes and have hardware encryption enabled.  Does anyone know if the "media label" (i.e. tape name) of the tape is readable when hardware encryption is enabled if it the tape was attempted to be read by someone without the encrypt...

geoff11 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup to disk storage offline

Hello all, We have a strange situation, in which from time to time, the backup2disk file share (located on a QNAP NAS) is going offline. The strange thing is that it does not necessarily happens during a backup at all. The ADAMM.LOG file shows:   ...

delete volume snapshot using BE post command

is it possible to delete volume snapshot using backup exec post command? We want to automatically delete the snapshot once the backup to tape already completed. Is Backup exec support this process? Need your expertise on this. Thanks.

Slow backup rates on Virtual host and guests

I have a Windows Server running 2008 R2 and its our Hyper-V host.   I also have 3 virtual servers running on that host, all are Server 2008 R2.  I'm running backup exec 2012 on the hyper-v host and the backup exec client on all the virtual guests.  I...

Backup Exec 2012 Upgrade to 2014 or 15

We are currently looking to upgrade our Backup Exec 2012 CASO/MMS environment and have some questions: We would be keeping our existing servers and upgrading the Backup Exec software.  What is the recommended path since 15 is now the current version...

js_newc by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! send email notification office365

Saludos.   Tengo un backup exec 2012 que no envía notificaciones por correo desde una cuenta office 365, qué parametros deben ser tenido en cuenta? ya traté con la configuración smtp pero no pude.   Gracias.

alejo24 by Level 3
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Unable to create the Backup Items. Unknown reason: {0}"

Two weeks ago or so our back up jobs stopped working. The last time I was able to get a job to actually run it went over a weekend (never finishing) and was full of this alert "The media labeled " from slot '0' read by drive 'NAS' is written in an un...

JayG0 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 don't write on empty tape

Hi there, we replaced some tapes in our HP tape library cause the end marker was not readable and the fatal write and read errors were increased. After an inventory the new tapes are shown by BE2012, but the library won't use these new tapes. I al...

AVPtech by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

ciphers

greetings community. I have some backups that run with encryption, but if it reinstall Backup Exec 2012 how do I use old keys or to restore without any problems?   Thanks.

alejo24 by Level 3
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Claves de cifrado

Cordial saludo.   Cuando activo la opción de cifrado de BE 2012, él me permite asignar una clave, pero dónde queda guardada la llave? si reinstalo cómo puedo restaurar información que ha sido cifrada? Gracias.  

alejo24 by Level 3
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Specific Folders From Backup Sets?

Hello all,   I'm working with a client who has a specific need for 2 years worth of retention for *almost* all of their backup sets. ~7 months ago, we configured a job to capture their critical data with a 2 year retention period. For the last 7 m...

Resolved! Backup Exec Feature Licensed but not Installed

Hi All, From the license information in BE i was able to see as below its says Licensed YES but Installed NO. Does this mean Library expansion is not possible ? i mean using more than one drive ?                         Feature                     ...

Nayabsk by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup to Cloud Solution

I have been tasked to look at different options on how to remove tape backups, I am currently looking for any advice anyone has or can share with me. I’m currently only backing up File Services and Exchange DAG My Monthly Full backup sets are; File...

Bitzan01 by Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to see dataset on tape part of multiple tape backup job

I am currently trying to restore a file that is over 1 TB and has two tapes associated with the backup job. Facts -The backup job encluded encryption -The restore is going to be on another Backupexec 2012 server but it has the encryption passphras...

Resolved! Deaktivierung der automatischen Katalogisierung

Hallo zusammen, ich habe aktuell folgende Thematik:   Ich nutze Backup Exec2012 auf einem SBS2011 Server. Dort habe ich 2 Backupjobs, die ganz normal laufen.   Nun laufen bei beiden Sicherungen direkt im Anschluss Katalogisierungsjobs. Ich hab...

Change Owner of BEX Logon Accounts

I found the solution on a non-veritas site to reference a new SLA to a newly created logon account. "i figured it out. had to go into the change password wizard and then it let me change the username associated with the system logon account." Now I j...

ksdst1 by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to generate the backed up Tape(LT0-3) on Backup Exec

on my case, Tapes (LT0-3) were backed up by Windows Server 2003 R2 - "NTBackup". My ex-colleague had associated the Windows server 2003 R2 in Symantec Backup Exec 2012 installed on Windows Server 2008 R2. However, some of backed up Tape can be res...

Labels