Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

0xe0009b61 after upgrading to 2012 SP2

BUE on HyperV host backing up 2 guests via remote agents plus 1 more physical server via agent. Backups were successful with the same credentials that are now failing after BUE 2012 upgraded to SP2 and Liveupdate run to get a remaining hotfixes. Agen...

gwa60061 by Level 3
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalog and retention problems

Having further issues with Backup Exec after a relatively good period without problems. A large amount of our backup sets on various B2D drives have all suddenly had their expiry date set a year into the future, we can't find any way to amend the dat...

jfkana by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012: installation media missing

Hello everybody, i was installing the new licence keys i received but in the procedure i get the message:"The current installation could not locate the required install  media. Please select the path to the installation media. This path will contain ...

Strange behavior on OST free space reclaim

1 Caso. 2 MMS and 1 DR4000 by MMS. I have two DR4000 in my two sites. One for backup to deduplicate (prod site) and other to duplicate these backups to rescue site. So, these DR4000 must contain more or less the same datas. But my prod site DR4000 ...

IXISBDA by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Creating a CA Server

Hi Experts We want to configure replication in our Backup server.Please suggest the requirements & Procedure to perform this action, also, Can you please illustrate about the possiblility of loss of backup data; if i tend to add CASO service in my al...

Resolved! Backup Exec - LAN Free

Hi All,   In Backup Exec can setup a deduplication storage ,and then access this storage direct from SAN (LAN Free ). what are the requirments and how to configure this design??   Many thanks to all  

Final error:0xe00084fg

Hi everybody,   When I take backup I faced this problem, "Final error:0xe00084fg - A communications failure has occured between the Backup Exec job engine and the Agent for Windows."   -Backup Exec 2012 -Window server 2008 R2   Do you have an idea fo...

Reports of Backup Jobs and Schedules

Hi, i would just like to ask if its possible to create a report including all the backup jobs on my BE 2012 server? If not any advise on how to do so? Thanks,

ecnivnaj by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! V-79-57344-4611 error restoring an single email

Hi All, Need help I can seem to restore an email. Tried restoring to orginal location, also tried to pst file and still failed. V-79-57344-4611 An error occurred creating or accessing the directory D:\Temp specified for this operation. Ensure that th...

-1023 There is an invalid file path

Hi. Backup Exec 2012 SP2 running on Server 2008R2 guest on ESXi 5.1. Backing up to Deduplication Store. Exchange 2010 (no dag) running on Server 2008R2 on ESXi 5.1. Exchange has 12 databases and 12 Archive databases. I backup Exchange using an agent ...

Problems combining Backup Exec 2012 SP2 downloads

Anyone else having problems combining the two downloads to create installation media for Backup Exec 2012 SP2? I have tried several times, but the command file does not seem to be working for me. I downloaded all three files as directed on the site, ...

BE 2012: Extremely slow just to open

Hi all.  I have two entirely unrelated 2008 R2 servers, both are Hyper-V hosts with two VMs.  I am having speed related issues en masse with one of them, where things like a network file copy goes at about 340KB/sec (yes, KB).  That's one issue.  But...

MIXIT by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Sharepoint-SQL Backups

I just upgraded to BE 2012 SP2.  When I backup up my SQL server I receive a message that several databases did not backup because they are Sharepoint databases.  It states I have to back them up using the Sharepoint Agent.  I have two questions: 1.Do...

Backup Exec 2012 Nirvanix replacement

I have a client that recently spent quite a bit of money in Backup Exec licensing and hardware with the intent to do short term data storage to a local Exagrid while offloading long term storage to Symantec's cloud vendor Nirvanix.  This licensing wa...

Resolved! VMware

Hi,   What is the difference between Agent for VMware and V-Ray Promo edition license? I need to purchase license- agent for VMware for my exisiting backup exec solution and in case i purchase V-Ray promotion for 8 core processor will my backup exec ...

how to restore the file with the extended attribute

Hi, Could please help me on how to restore the file with the extended attribute file from tape backup. I tried to run the restoration but it is skipped silently and the job is considered successful but no file has restore. please appreciated your hel...

Meaning of Storage Capacity indication

I am relatively new to BE2012.  On the stroage tap, under our tape library it lists the slots/tapes available.  In the column showing capacity, for one of our tapes the colored graphic is opaque rather than a solid clear color as with the other tapes...

Resolved! Expired BackUps on Tapes do not overwrited from jobs

Hi, we are using BackUp Exec 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2 OS and we are experiencing the below issue:  - We enter in our Tape Library 2 tapes with data on them. When tha tape is entered in library the media recognized as scratch media (expected) an...

Event ID : 35

Hi,   When I get full back up,I faced an error.You can see error below,   "The shadow copies of volume G: were aborted because the shadow copy storage failed to grow."   Can you help me pls asap ? Thank you...

Labels