Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Windows Server Failed with error 0xe000a45b

Dear All, I have problem when backup incremental windows, error log : Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000a45b - The physical machine has failed over to the virtual machine, Backup and conversion operations are not allowed for this vm ...

Can't Delete/Change current SLA account to New SLA

Hi...I've been racking my brain with this after reading numerous veritas tech sheets and forum postings but no solution yet. I'm migrating from an old domain to a new domain where there is currently a trust relation so accounts in either recognize e...

ksdst1 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Daily Backup per week per tape basis.

Hi, I am new to this, and I have been assigned to make backups, we currently have a tape auto loader 7 tapes, managed by BE 2012. each tape is assigned to a day and every week its over written. I need to be able take daily backup on to a single tap...

Bongarala by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Creating an SDR disk failure loading a program

We are attempting to create an SDR disk for one of our systems due to a DR test scheduled soon.   When attempting to run the creation of the SDR iso file we receive an error of "Cannot open the file <C:\Users\..\Appdata\local\temp\CUSTOMSDRD2\2SOUR...

Backup VMWare VMs that have existing snapshots

This has probably been answered a handful of times but I couldn't find the answer, as searching for "snapshot" yields all kinds of results that aren't relevant to my need. I'm using Backup Exec 2012 with the VMWare agent, and I'm trying to backup a ...

Restoring Secure Folders

Hi, I had a hypothetical question asked by one of the Executives at my company. We use Backup Exec 2012 and use it to backup a file server that has some secure folders that only certain people/groups have access to. The question is, if someone were t...

sp1985 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

0xE000FED1 - Volume Shadow Copy Service error

Hi Team Im having an issue backing up a virtual server. I run BE on the host. BE report the following error code E000FED1. V-79-57344-65233 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "VRTSRV::\\HYPERV\Hyper-V?Virtual?Machine\TSERVER". Snapsho...

Aarmymoad by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE2012 - Old shares/locations failing backups

Hi there, I've attached a couple of files to show the errors we receive. They seem to be related to SQL databases that no longer exist, or old shares/files that no longer exist. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Backup Properties - Unable to view local shares

I have a server that can't view it's local backup property shares. I triple checked the account used for the credentials which are all correct. This account is also successfully backing up other servers. Oddly enough it's backing up its self but can ...

Client Initiated Backup

We are a small school that has been using Backup Exec for a number of years to backup our Windows servers.  We use roaming profiles so that user data is backed up to the servers.  I now have a staff member using a laptop and taking it home often.  I ...

mogtech by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014

Hi Team,   Just need to clarify 1 point.As per my assumption if the media is Overwritable and append period is not appendable.Tht media can be utlized to overwrite backups to it.   Example:   1)Label:ABC123 2)Media Set:Monthly 3)Overwrite pro...

Resolved! Backup Exec Logon Accounts 12/14

Hi Experts,   I need a quick resolution for this.Can anyone guide me if i want certain members of my team should only have the monitoring access .The should not be able to run restores ,add backup.   Is there any setting to only give the read onl...

Resolved! Backup Exec 12/14

Hi Experts,     I have few queries related to media mangement process. Once my backup starts will it directly pick the scratch media from the scratch pool and write it to the destination pool mentioned in policy?Or i ahve to move the media from...

Backing up Exchange 2010 DAG

I'm having difficulties backing up my Exchange 2010 DAG in Symantec 2012. I've addded the DAG as a 'server' no problem, it finds both Exchange servers and installs the Symantec remote agent. When choosing the DAG in the list of servers to create a ...

Problem Perl

when try to install the agent of backup exec 2012 in a server with Red Hat 6.6 (santiago) show the following error:  Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .. /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin...

alejo24 by Level 3
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade and Migrate BE 2012

I need to upgrade a back up server running BE2012 by building a new replacement server, and migrating to BE2015 at the same time. The current server is running 2008R2, with the new server running 2012R2.  The server names will be different. Part 1:...

Resolved! BE2012 SP4 Hangs at Loading Data

My CASO and 2 MMS server hangs at loading data at the same time. I tried restart the servers for 2 times and it is not working. IAnyone can help urgently?    

Resolved! Importante duda sobre licencias y mantenimiento

Recientemente he renovado las licencias de Backup Exec. He descargado los archivos .slf siguiendo las indicaciones del soprte de Veritas. Los número de serie (todos empiezan por A) se han cargado correctamente. Mis preguntas son: - Las licencias par...

Kobalt by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels