Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Snapshot processing taking too long

Hi, recently one of my server have trouble with backup. Every time when backup start SNAPSHOT PROCESSING is taking more then one hour. I have checked various thing and none of them helped: - Backup Exec 2012 is up to date. Latest patches are insta...

Resolved! RALUS agent backup timeout after ~2 hours

hi all, after countless hours of testing, i have to address the community; hopefully, you can help. we're running a BE 2012 SP4 w/ HF217347  on Win2K8 R2 x64 and have several issues. today the topic is a RALUS client that backs up just fine for ab...

it-easy by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jobs failing - missed, rescheduled; media problem?

I'm new to Backup Exec, and trying to understand why backup jobs that were running smoothly until recently have stopped working.  There are 3 jobs that are scheduled each night, and in the morning the tape is ejected/swapped out and the same 3 jobs r...

edanto by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SLf license file

where can i find the license file? or how to export the slf file from current backup exec?, thanks

tape capacity and restore

every weekday, we have average 60 GB of backup data, full backup every week is 2500 GB, so which size(volumn) of HP LTO6 tape we should buy?   I have incremental backup every weekday, saturday full backup for user profile, On March.2 (Wednesday), u...

Resolved! Backup Exec Upgrade 2012 to 15 process

Hello Currently we are running BE 2012 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 with an attached tape library. I want to Upgrade the BE version and the server version. So the target installation would be Backup Exec 15 running on Windows Server 2012 R2 with an a...

iLikeCake by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore from secondary BE Server without a CASO license.

Hi, My client has one 1 BackupExec 2012 media server at Primary site. I have set it up to backup to a Data Domain device. The primary Data Domain device replicates to a secondary Data Domain device currently located at DR. The client would now ...

ianonyango by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Problem adding Backup Job to Linux Server

I have a Windows 2008 R2 Standard server running BackupExec 2012 SP3. We are trying to add a backup to tape job for a Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Carthage). This is a server that was able to be backed up. It died and we inst...

Resolved! SQL Server 2008 のバックアップ

現在、Backup Exec 2012 でSQL Server 2005 のバックアップを行っています。 Backup Exec 2012 でSQL Server 2008 のバックアップはできますか? 何か追加でソフト等を購入する必要がありますか?  

Resolved! Virtualising BE

hello, we currently have the following setup (1 x CAS VM) 3 x Media servers and 1 x fibre tape library (we do disk duplication then to tape)   we plan on virtualising the full BE setup, would one BE VM be able to replace 3 media servers (we will cr...

Resolved! Hp 1/8 Autoloader error

Hi Experts. I am facing issue with HP 1760 tape library LTO4, it was working fine since two years, now when isert tapes and start the backup process, always i am doing inventory and catalog before the backup process start, this time i got error as b...

Resolved! Missing Old data from Old Server

Good Day, I migrated Backup Exec 2012 from one server to a new server which had a new name.  I got everything working and I was able to restore old data from the old server. New server had a crash and I had to rebuild.  I found the backup exec fold...

Resolved! Upgrading from 2012 to 15 and migrating to new hardware.

Hello All, I am totally new to BE. My boss just asked me to start researching the procedure for our upgrade/migration and that's what I've been doing. I've come across documents for upgrades and for migrations (individually), but I would like to kno...

VictorD by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Job stalls "pre-processing"

quantum lto3HH   I cant get any backup job to get past this point. In troubleshooting, i tried a test to do a full format of a tape which it completed successfully. Wouldnt this tell me that the drive is not the problem because it read\write success...

Append media problems, PLEASE HELP!!

Hi guys, Trying to backup 2 servers to 1 tape when seems to back them up fine but it overwrites the 1st server when backing up the 2nd server, so only end up with the 2nd server backed up. I think I'm doing it right but would lilke some clarificati...

Resolved! Media tape error threshold acceptable

Hello,   According to you what's the amount of errors (write/read/persistent/nonpersitent) acceptable for a tape before destroying it ? In order to write a powershell script to monitoring the tapes errors, and integrate it in NAGIOS.   Regards.

Backup set ran to two tapes, now out of space for EOM job

Please refer to the screenshot attached.   The left 1/3 shows the backup sets from 2 tapes, clearly maked is the file job's D:\ drive on both tapes with the same size.   The middle and right 2/3 show the backup set's content containing the same dat...

Labels