Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Retaining Data For 4 Months

Hello, I am trying to create a backup job that will backup my server shares to a NAS drive and keep them backed up for 4 months. I'm a little confused about the options under the storage section of the job. I created one Full backup job and one Incre...

Pawelk by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! To disable AOFO or not

I know there are many posts similar to this, but we're currently running Backup Exec 2012 SP2 and Exchange 2010 SP2. So AOFO should definitely be disabled when backing up the information stores? I've came across several suggestions, but I dont see th...

sql database backups are failing with backup exec 2012

Hi, I need help Backup server - windows 2008 R2 enterprises. Backup software - backup exec 2012 I have configured 8 sql database servers for backup, in ths 6 servers backup jobs are running fine and getting successful, except 2 sql server. 2 sql serv...

NBU_13 by Level 6
Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Edit Backup Properties is always waiting in BE2012 SP2 and SP3

Hello, I have recently updated my backup exec 2012 server from SP1 to SP2. Now I cannot modify my jobs (or create new one) because the left side of backup properties with Test/Edit Credentials and Edit is always on pending state. You can see the stat...

Checksum on storage media failed to verify.

Hi. I have problem with restore data. When I wanted to this restore from tape (220GB), restore 148GB and I had error: Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe34 - A checksum of the data has failed. Final error category: Resource Err...

bi by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Unable to perform incremental backups

Hi All, I've installed the remote agent on one of our Linux machine on the DMZ. In the beginning there were network-related issues that prevented the backups from running. I've ironed them out using the knowledge base articles. The full backups are n...

Backupexec fecha no restore

Boa tarde amigos, gostaria de expor meu caso pois fui fazer um restore de um maquina da VM e recebi o print em anexo. Consultei o eventview da maquina e loga o seguinte erro: EventID 258 Process Backup Exec.exe requested memory dump but the maximum n...

Resolved! Change password account login Backup Exec

I deploy Symantec Backup Exec 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2. Manager account of Backup Exec is also Administrator account of Windows. I need change password of Administrator account. Please give me a solution!   * I try change password Administrator...

BE2012 SP2 stalled on backup everyday

Hi I have no completed backup for several days now. Backup jobs get stalled,´when backingup to deduplication store, it looks like they are running but no disc og netvork activity. I can work around in the BE2012 GUI, can cancel jobs but they newer st...

Dennis_Ib by Level 3
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to End a Repeated Library Expansion Option License Error

I recently upgraded from BE2010 to BE2012 SP2.  My backup server hardware is a Dell R710 server and a TL4000 with an internal LTO4 tape drive.  After upgrading to BE2012 SP2, everything worked fine the first week.  The when the second backup cycle st...

Grayc by Level 4
Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Bare metal restore with Oracle client

We are currently testing our backup strategy with Symantec and so far so good. Since last week I have been trying to do a bare metal restore of an oracle server. this is what I did so far: Convert original machine to Virtual machine Point in Time.Ren...

Robotic library drives shows as standalone tape drives

Hello   We are using BE2012 and we have netapp.   2 different library connected to directly on netapp 1 tape library connected to switch which is directly pointing to BE2012 server.   The tape drive shows as stanalone for one of the library connected...

Resolved! BES 2012 agent on Windows 2012

Hi there,   I have Backup exec 2012 agent installed on 5 Win 2012 machines. On 4 of them there was no problem in installation and configuration, but on fifth i have installed agent, but i can't establish trust and i can't "Enable the Backup exec serv...

Labels