Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Exec 2012 can't backup Exchange 2007 to Disk

I have set up Backup Exec 2012 to backup our Exchange 2007 environent It is set to Backup to Disk weekly, then duplicate to tape. The backup to disk starts, but then never seems to stop. I have set it to stop if the job is still running after a certa...

RCPAQAP by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Library Insert and AV Exclusions

Hi! Backup Exec Server suddenly started giving error "Library Insert" while duplicating backup to tapes. The tapes are appendable till one month from allocation date. Secondly, what kind of Antivirus Exclusions are needed for Backup Exec Server and t...

Resolved! job activity not working properly

Hi, I am having a strange behaviour in BE2012 where the job activity page does not show anything but the backup duplicate to tape is running on the background? I can see the job rate: and the bytes going up but everything else seem to be missing? Any...

porress by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! problem with CASO and MMS

Hi all, I have a problem created with one of the BE support that is he deleted the MMS from the CAS server consol without disabling the communication between the CAS and the MMS which caused the MMS not to be controlled by the CAS any more and no lin...

Resolved! Symantec Backup V-Ray edition

Hi,   Have just purchased the license and dowmloaded the software. Not really shure what's the best practise in installing the product. We have a Windows server 2012 HOST with 4 virtuall machines at the moment (will be about 15 soon). Some questions:...

GeirT by Level 3
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hi TEam,Could please someone

Hi TEam, Could please someone help me to sort this issue out. We bought a Dell Server with Windows server 2012 and also bought a tape library along with it and have bought the Symantec Backup exec, nOw the Symantec backup exec doesnt get installed on...

VMware back-ups failing with Physical RDM's

Hi,   We have Back-up Exec 2012 SP2 installed on a Windows 2008 R2 Std. Server. We use this setup to back-up our VMware enviroment but several VM's have Physical Disks. We have excluded these disks in the selection list, however we still keep gettin...

JosVerhallen by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL differential backup problem

When we take Full backup,we did'nt faced any problem,but take differential backup we get an error:   (Server: "BACKUPSRV") (Job: "pdkssrv Backup 00065-Differential") pdkssrv Backup 00065-Differential -- The job failed with the following error: The Ba...

Resolved! Synthetic Backup

Hi, I’m trying to setup Synthetic backup on one of our file stores which is about 14TB. I also need to keep the data for min of 15 years. I have trouble understanding how to set it up, as I don’t fully understand the synthetic backup. When I ran a ...

BEI by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup-Exec nimmt Bänder aus einem falschen Pool

Hallo zusammen.   wir haben hier ein Backup-Exec 2012 am laufen. Dieses greift auf zwei Librarys zu bei denen die Slots partitioniert sind. Backup-Exec kennt die Aufteilung natürlich. Nun ist es so, dass manchmal Bänder zur Sicherung genommen werden,...

RIF-eV by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 - Backup to Disk Performance

Hi@all i have an issue with BackupExec 2012. I uninstalled BE2010 und installed BE2012 last Week on a Server. (HP DL380G7, 4GB RAM, 1GB/s). My customer reported me a bad Performance for disk backup over LAN. He also reports, a backup to disk wit...

Auftrag schlägt fehl

Hallo,   ich erhalte auf einem DC (Win 2008R2) mit BE 2012 ständig die Fehlermeldung   Fixpunktneustart kann nicht auf den neu gestarteten Backup-Auftrag angewendet werden. Der Backup-Auftrag wird nicht ausgeführt.   Es ist jedoch kein Fixpunktneust...

Resolved! Two BackupExec 2012 media servers to backup a windows 2012 cluster

I have two Symantec Backup Exec 2012 media servers and each media server has a tape library. I have a Windws server 2012 cluster. How can i use two Backup Exec 2012 media servers to backup a Windows 2012 cluster? or Is it possible? Is it one to one ?

kf2013 by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DeDuplication not purging, Manual Purge Errors Out

Hello.  We are running Backup Exec 2012 on a Windows 2003 R2 64-Bit machine.  The jobs are set to a 2 week cycle to connect via an IScsi port to a Quantum NDX8 device.  This was working properly however; recently, starting running out of space and th...

Rotating USB Devices in BE2012

I'm running on SBS 2013 Std R2 and am trying to set up multiple external USB drives within a pool, e.g. MON-FRI. I would like to use the WD 3TB externals that other users had success with; however, I'm unable to get the drives to go from ONLINE to OF...

Resolved! Restore from Tape(s) - BE2012?

So I am trying to restore some files form a set of 4 tapes we have loaded in our magazine. I have catagloged the tapes and from the tape sets I can see the file I want. But when I right click everyhting is greyed out which tells me you can't do this ...

ecoraccio by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2012, backup two servers, rotate removable drives

I am trying to back up two servers to removeable hard drives that I rotate.  I had this senario working flawlessly in Backup Exec 2010 but reach roadblocks and hurtles with every attempt using Backup Exec 2012. The two servers I am backing up are not...

RobWal by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE2012 and Dell PowerVault 114T bay

Hi I m using BE2012 on W2008R2 server. I have a one PowerVault 114T bay with 2 RD1000 Drives. RD1000 Drives are seen in Windows as 2 removable storage devices named ie I & J. The biggest awailable RD1000 cartridges have 1.5Tb capacity. My full backup...

tgun by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels