Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Can't rerun a duplicate job in BE 2014

Using Backup Exec 2014. I'm trying to rerun a duplicate job as I had a tape error and decided to erase the tape and then just rerun the duplicate jobs. However I can't seem to rerun the duplicate jobs. If I right click on the jobs and say run now the...

samd by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Backup Exec 2014 cannot restore its Hyper-V backups? 0x1d error

Hi,   been running with a trial of BE2014, backups reported to be running fine, now had a VM host failure and need to restore a Hyper-V client from Tape.   i can run a catalog and see the files but i cannot either restore a whole VHDX or files fr...

RR7 by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Linux Vm's

Hello, I recently installed backup exec 2014 and I wanted to test how I can backup vm's. When I test the credential on the VM's it doesn't work. Should I open something on the esxi host ?   Thanks for your help   Yann

SysCo by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

$Recycle.bin file corrupt

How to correct this file corrupt error in the job log? WARNING: "\\server.local\E:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-1840811228-1053417272-2328478300-500\$RCL6XSB.bkf" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify. Unable to open the item \\server.local\E:\$RECYCL...

billvgl by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! where i can download Ralus Agent for Back Exec 2014

Dear All,                           The new Back exec 2014 i have down load from the symantec site and its working fine but there is a query there is no support for Linux machines agents in this product i have found the online RALUS agent for Back e...

Resolved! Storage problem: Ready; Invalid storage device

There are 3 BE2012 servers: one management and two media servers. At first, I upgrade menegement to BE2014. And get problems with backup job on media server's storages. There was status:"Ready; Invalid storage device". On the upgraded management s...

Resolved! Upgrade error

Hi I am trying to upgrade from BackupExec 2012R2 to 2014, but the install errors out on SQL Express. I have done 4 servers with no issues, but this one doesnt want to upgrade. I have run all the live updates to ensure it is at the latest version, b...

OlsP by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cannot select shares

In new version i can't select shares. Why? the best practice is backup volume, not shares? and then was shares hiden from jobs? or this is my bug?  

Backup Exec 2014 unable to restore .pst

Recent upgrade from Backup Exec 2010 R2 to 2014 has caused a problem. I need to copy a large number of historic .pst files (2003-2005) LTO3 tapes on to a external usb drive. Greatful for any advice as the process worked ok for BE2010.

Resolved! BackupExecAgentAccelerator services stopped

We have a daily report that checks services if they are running and set to auto. Since updating to BE 2014 we have BackupExecAgentAccelerator service reporting as stopped. Does the service only run when backups are taking place and thus we can exclud...

Snapshot Settings

Hi all. When we backup our SQL servers we manage to lose data Having read an article earlier today that states the "VM is stunned for the duration that the memory is being written" when a snapshot is created. http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/micro...

Backup Exec 2014 (or 2012) AWS Storage Gateway problems

I need assistance from someone who has successfully implemented the AWS Storage Gateway-VTL in either Backup Exec 2012 or in Backup Exec 2014.  On the AWS site, it shows that BE 2012 is a supported application for their Storage Gateway-VTL.  On the K...

Resolved! Older Backup Exec Agents and Backup Exec 2014

Hi Does anyone know if I can backup data without having to push out the new BUE14 agent? Scheduling has changed, its more confusing to setup jobs from previous versions! Thanks

pw99 by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Deduplication with Full / Incremental Backup

I've inherited a backup exec solution in a new role and although I'm familiar with the software I haven't used deduplication before. In the past I've always used the Full + Incremental model but what is the best practice to utilise Deduplication? T...

Resolved! Backup windows shares

After upgrade from 2012 to BE 2014 don't work backups of shares: Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0009413 - An error occurred during the snapshot cleanup, or could not locate a snapped volume from which to back up. Final error category: Syst...

Erreur de sauvegarde Exchange

Bonjour, Depuis quelques jours j'ai cette erreur de sauvegarde pour un serveur Exchange : "Le travail a échoué avec l'erreur suivante : La base de données indiquée pour le cliché n’a pas été sauvegardée car elle n’était pas montée" Son système d'ex...

DIXJM by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels