Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! I need Good plan for backing up server

Dear    I am a network administrator in my company. I need a good plan for backing up differnet servers working in my server room. e.g. Domain Controller with AD, Exchange server, file server, wsus, and a ERP application named prizma. i am confused a...

BE2012 SQL

Hi everyone, well after the problems with DR yesterday I decided to look into IDR and it worked really well to be honest, so I looked into purchasing it to work with our BE2010 R3, sadley I was told by our licencing company that we can no longer purc...

Resolved! BackupExec 2012 Small Business Edition nightmare!!

We have a single SBS2003 server that we have been backing up to an external drive for over 2 years without any issues.   Last month, as suggested by Symantec Support, upgraded to BackupExec 2012; my nightmare started at that moment. Called Symantec S...

Not following mount points, junction points message!

Hi, I am using a Dell Poweredge R710 connected to a Drobo 800i SAN that has the Deduplication drive configured to 4TB. I'm in the process of configuring BUE 2012 on all of our servers. When I am going through the job logs I noticed that even though I...

Ken_M by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Still confused about Active Directory Recovery Agent

To whom it may concern: Below is a previous thread which I could not participate in because it was closed.  I am sure thousands of users are getting this message. If is not needed then why torture end users and admins like myself with this hyperbole....

Resolved! BE Agent backwards compatibility

I'm moving to a new BE2012 server from BE2010. Due to hardware issues (HBA needs to be moved from old server to new) and large number of servers, I'd like to upgrade the agents to 2012 incrementally and once they are all done, move the hba and start ...

Hans_A by Level 2
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Backup Exec 2012 代理或选件的选择

各位达人, 本人有一客户备份和恢复项目,项目需求如下:有15台Windows Server 2003的服务器上分别跑有SQL Server数据库软件,客户网络上同时配有一个DELL的存储设备,现在要求采用Backup Exec 2012对这些服务器和存储上的系统和数据进行备份,我计划采用一台高容量的服务器并配有磁带机,进行备份。我必需选择哪些agent和option,来实现这个需求?  

applmanwx by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

GRT Sicherung bricht ab wegen Agentfehler

Hallo, wir erhalten beim Sichern von GRT Objekten sporadisch das Problem, dass die Sicherung plötzlich nicht mehr läuft. Die Meldung hierzu lautet:   Sichern- \\yyyyy.yyyyyy.yyyy\Microsoft Information Store\Mailbox Database 0405768723 Anschluss nicht...

Resolved! BE 2012 - Restore is empty

Hi, i just upgraded a server of a customer to 2k8 R2 and BE2012. Now he needs a restore of some old data. We did create a full backup on 2 tapes before the upgrade, so this should be no problem. ( In BE 12.5) I inventorizied and rebuild the catalog (...

Resolved! AD recovery agent

what is the purpose of active directory recovery agent of backup exec 11d. I have a serial key of the said agent how can I use it   thanks

Resolved! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SERVERS visualized edit tasks

Good evening friends, I have a problem with Backup Exec 2010 R3, what happens to edit tasks and I do not see where servers make selections, how rare is not outputting any backup error and if they work, if I can help display the servers, I have not ma...

JavierTI by Level 5
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Backups zu gross

Hallo, ich möchte mit BE2012 eine Active Directory Datenbank sichern. Der Domain-Controller ist eine VM (VMWare vSphere 5.0), der Agent ist installiert. Das Problem ist, das jedes Backup ca. 19GB gross ist, sowohl Full als auch Incremental. Im...

jfue by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup job fails with error e0008488

My backups fails with error : e0008488 on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit machines. Though it says it failed, In the job log I dont find that any files has been skipped. All I have in my selection list is System state and Shadow copy components. Ideally it is...

AS902 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What is ADRO licence ?

I understand that the GRT backups and restores are free. But then Why do I need the ADRO licence ? I confused on this topic. Please help.

AS902 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE 2012 and Data Domain w/ DDBoost

Background:  So we have Backup Exec 2012 and two Data Domain DD620's.  We have all the required licensing including the Data Domain DD Boost and replication licenses.  I have installed the Open Storage Technology (OST) plugin 2.5.0.3 as suggested for...

CRoth2 by Level 3
  • 32 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images

Hey Guys, Have Backup Exec 2012 installed, with SP1a, and all latest Hotfixes 180964, 189571 installed (which is meant to address the issue below), but i'm still getting it for one AVVI VM backup (with GRT). Backup- VMVCB::\\192.168.91.50\VCGuestVm\(...

Morgster79 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 Active Directory selection missing

Hi All, Just upgraded from BE2010 to BE2012 and am trying to go GRT of active directory on my domain controllers.  However when I go in to set up a new backup job, under the selections list only the hard drives & system state appear - no ADAM / AD LD...

IPG by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels