Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Hyper-V with no shared storage - Backup

Hi all, I have two physical Hyper-V host servers but no shared storage in play, i.e. the VMs VHDK virtual disks reside on an internal volume inside the Hyper-V hosts on which they are running. Best practice for SDR (Simplified disaster recovery) of...

Server 2012r2 - Hyper-V GRT Errors

Hi I thought i'd join these forums and ask a question in case anyone can help me, Symantec support have had my call for over a week now with little responce other than taking more and more logs.  Basically, we have Server 2012r2 running Hyper-V. Th...

Neodc by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

GRT backups of Exchange not truncating

When we do a GRT backup of our virtual Exchange server (Windows Server 2008 Ent) through our hyper-v host (Windows Server 2012 R2) with GRT enabled this does not truncate our logs. There are no errors on the job and says it's successful. When I chec...

Resolved! License for VmWare Agent present but backup fails

I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 running Backup Exec 2014 with a license for a VmWare Agent. The server is a media server that takes a backup of three virtual machines on a single host. The disk backup is then dupicated to tape. The backup from the ...

Tosk by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 15 backing up full vhdx, even though it's not full.

Hello! I have recently installed Backup Exec 15 and started to backup all my servers. They are all virtual machines running on Hyper-V. I noticed that the byte count on some backup jobs show that the whole virtual disk is backed up, even though the ...

BE 15 Fails to duplicate Most recent full backup

Hi, i can´t get the duplicate thing work on the BE 15 installation (FP1 is installed, no other updates are available). I created a plain new backup of a virtual sql server (Hyper-V) with GRT enabled for SQL and with an additional Log backup. The f...

JuergenB by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore SQL Database - no Details on select Window

Good Morning, using BE 15 with Feature Pack1. When i try to restore a SQL Database the Selection Window does not show any Details of the available Backups. (No Date, Time etc.)  This makes it hard to decide what the right Backup for Restore is.......

Which Backup Exec licenses do I need?

We currently have a Standalone windows 2012 R2 server running backupexec 2014 connected to a lto 6 multiloader and have lots of spare capacity tape wise. We have a requirement to back up our Virtual exchange 2010 server using full and diff backups o...

exchange 2010 hyper v 2012 R2

Hallo Zusammen, ich habe ein Problem mit Backup Exe 2014 SP2: Bei der Sicherung der virtuellen Maschine mit dem OS Win 2008 R2 auf dieser der Exchange 2010 installiert ist kommt folgende Fehlermeldung:   Auf diesem virtuellen Computer wurde ein v...

Large Hyper-V incremental backups

I'm currently running backup exec 2014 and backup up (amongst other things) a hyper-v host with 6 VMs. I have a full backup every other weekend and incrementals every weekday. I changed around our backup scheme recently to make it a bit more fault to...

Resolved! Backup Exec 15 Hyper-V 2012R2 CSV IO Redirected

Hello, we have just upgraded to Backup Exec 15 and bought Hyper-V agents for our 2012R2 Cluster. I am finding that when a HyperV backup is run and the Cluster Shared Volume is hosted by another node the disk access is run through the other node and s...

Resolved! Question regarding Backup Exec Licensing

Hi all, I need to clarify how many backup exec licenses needed with this configuration: 2 windows server 2012r2 (servers A and B): 1) Server A (windows sever with gui): -Backup Exec Installed -Hyper-V with several VM: no exchange, no sql, etc. o...

Jaime_D by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! backup exec 2012 sp4 supports exchange 2013 cu8?

Hi, does backup exec 2012 sp4 supports exchange 2013 cu8?   I read the be 2012 scl > exchange 2013 cu3. I also read the be 2014 scl > exchange 2013 cu7. I know the be 2015 scl > exchange cu8.   But now I'm unsure, if backup exec 2012 sp4 ist m...

cancerman by Level 3
Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cause of Slow Dedup when Hardware Is Underutilized

I'm sharing for anyone else who has run across a situation where dedup runs far slower than expected, and there are not any actual bottlenecks on any of your hardware.   In my situation, I can push more than 500 MB/sec doing a simple file copy of VH...

kbleb by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec doesn't see all my vms on cluster hyperV

Hi, I have a problem on my Backup Exec server, When I want to backup all my virtual machines on my cluster hyperV, i can see only the VM situated on the first node.  The two nodes have the remote agent, and the cluster is present in user selection,...

bengine.exe keeps crashing once a week

Hi, i had BE 2014 SP1 running fine for some month, now i had to update to SP2 for some problems mit Tape usage. But in the last weeks, since installation of SP2 the bengine keeps crashing about every week. I have Windows 2012 R2 Update 1 Std, All ...

JuergenB by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels