Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

GRT SQL sous hyper v

Bonjour, j'ai installé backup exec 2010 sur un serveur host (windows 2008 X64). Quand je sauvegarde ma machine virtuelle avec l'agent hyper v, je ne vois pas microsoft sql server lors de la restauration. Pourtant GRT sql est bien activé dans les o...

sebas22 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

grt sql with microsoft hyper v

Hello, I have installed backup exec 2010 on my hosted server. When i backup my Hyper v virtual machine with hyper v agent, I can't restore with sql GRT. can you help me ? thanks seb

sebas22 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

hyper-v and linux guest

I am running hyper-v and have a couple of suse linux enterprise servers as VMs on the machine.  What is the best option for backing these up if i want a full backup of the vm and then what if i want to restore individual files on the machine?  Thanks...

BackupExec 2010 + Hyper-V agent

I have client that has Hyper-V cluster environment. They needed backup solution so we recommend BackupExec. I have talked with our reseller and they gave us information what hyper-v licence contains. We got licences, installed backup exec on sepera...

mcuric by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup failed on Hyper v with error code:A0009644

Hello,            I am getting this error " 0xa0009644 - One or more virtual machines have been excluded from the backup as the the virtual machine uses one or more physical disks. Use the Backup Exec Remote Agent on the virtual machine for backup an...

Resolved! Failed to connect to virtual machine

I use Backup Exec 2010 fully updated with my Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V server that runs all my virtual machines. The virtual machines uses Windows Operation Systems from 2003 to 2008 R2. Some are webservers and some are domain controllers etc. The thi...

drazel by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 12 and Small Business Server 2008

We have a client who is running backup exec 12 on a windows 2003 standard box backing up two windows 2003 boxes, itself, and was backing up a Windows 2003 standard box with Exchange. We just migrated them to a Hyper-V box with 2008 SBS as a virtual ...

TQ-Jeff by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 2010 GRT Backup of Hyper-V

I do daily full Backups of my VMs to Disk Storrage and Duplicate them to Tapes. After installing Version 2010 I want to use the GRT feature as well. But my new created jobs feil with the following warning: Backup- VRTSRV::\\<<CLUSTERNAME>>\Hyper-V?H...

Backup Exec 2010, Hyper-V, Disk Pool

We have had a 3rd party install backup exec 2010.  I want a backup of all the VM's .  We have brought the Agent for Hyper-V and have setup a Disk Pool containing 1TB G:\ and 1TB H:\ drive. The backup job backs up 800GB to G:\ then asks for media to ...

tiptonm by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 backup of Hyper-V Virtual Machine to USB RDX drive completes with V-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images: Error mounting disk(s): UNKNOWN_ERROR (0xe00084af).

I am trying to use Backup Exec 2010 to backup a Microsoft Hyper-V Virtual Machine to a local USB RDX drive configured as a Removable Backup-To-Disk folder on the Backup Exec 2010 server. The Backup Exec 2010 server is running Windows Server 2008 R2...

Resolved! To Remote Agent or Not To Remote Agent... that is the question

... Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous documentation, Or to post forums against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them? ... So, do I install "Remote Agents" on the same servers that I have application ...

Mikka by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec and Hyper-V Agent

Hello, I have a general question. We want to use Backup Exec for our virtual machines. I want to know, if I have to install the backup exec software on a additional server and the Agent for MS Virtual Servers on the Hyper-V host or if both have to b...

BengTKI by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 and Dell MD3000i VSS provider issues

Hello, We are trying to use BE2010 to set up backups for a Hyper-V cluster on Windows Server 2008 R2. Our SAN is an iSCSI Dell MD3000i. We have installed the hardware provider on all the Hyper-V hosts, and it shows up properly in vssadmin list p...

lege by Level 3
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 - What licenses do I need

I tried to read the documentation but time is cash and I don't have that time. I also tried to run the License assessment tool but the results turned out to be complete rubbish, the license assessment tool told me that I need: 4 Active Directory R...

Resolved! 2010 Backup over SAN with Hyper-V Agent

Hi, Is it possible to backup Hyper-V Guests directly over SAN as the Agent for VMware does (Transport Mode=SAN)? It seems that some Symantec Employees tell so to several Customers.... There is no such Option in the Job Proberties, and I cannot fi...

mwalker by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Issue Backing Up Hyper-V Cluster

I've got Problems Backing up my Hyper-V Cluster Environment: Hyper-V Cluster with two hosts thsrvvm01 and thsrvvm02 Backup Exec 2010 on separate Server thsrvbak01 with Hyper-V Option For All Hyper-V-Machines that are running on thsrvvm01 Backup fai...

Labels