Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 - What licenses do I need

I tried to read the documentation but time is cash and I don't have that time. I also tried to run the License assessment tool but the results turned out to be complete rubbish, the license assessment tool told me that I need: 4 Active Directory R...

SQL Consistency Checks Failed - error log attached

Can anyone make sense of this, and offer some suggestions for a resolution?  I'm not sure why it is now throwing these permission-related errors, as nothing relating to these specific databases has changed, and the BE service account has not changed...

Davan by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Licensing requirements

Hi, I want to purchase Backup Exec 2010 however I want to check that what our re-seller is saying we need to purchase is correct. We have two servers that need backing up, Server 1: runs Small business server 2003 and runs Exchange and SQL server,...

HWAACC by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup Exec 10 d Advanced Open File option

Dear All,                 I am currently working with Backup exec 10d and I have the Advanced Open File option,my question is can i use this option to backup sql 2000 databases (*.mdf and *.ldf). I tried the backup job this way and it gave me succes...

Nermeen by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

An unandled win32 exception occurred in beremote.exe

I am currently backing up a dozen different Windows 203 and 2008 servers, everything from Files and Folders, SQL, Sharepoint, Active Directory... pretty much everything possible with the exception of Exchange. I am running BE 12.5 SP3. All Live Updat...

Davan by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

sqlexpress 2005

Im running backup exec  2010.  I have a sql express 2005 installed.  I cant back the sql database up.  I get the following error: There was a problem running the DBCC.   DBCC results for 'SCP'

vardi by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL Server 2008 R2 Support in Backup Exec 12.5

I have Backup Exec 12.5 installed on a MS Windows 2003 Storage Server, along with the SQL Server Agent (and Exchange Agent). In the backup job selections, when attempting to select an SQL Server 2008 R2 x64 instance, which is hosted on another serve...

Resolved! local SQL Express DB

Hi I installed BE 2010 on a server in one of our branch offices. For the database I chose the local SQL Express instance. When I want to backup this SQL Express instance with BE, it tells me I need a license. Does this mean I need an license for a ...

anyone by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Add License Keys to Backup Exec 2010

Ok, I just recieved my backup server from dell along with backup exec 2010. I have been looking around and got a couple jobs scheduled no problem. Here is where I run into a problem, I want to add a Exchange and a SQL server to my backups. I have in...

Uninstall of Veritas Backup Exec 10 delete SQL Server DLL's

Over the weekend we uninstalled the 10.X client of one of our Server 2003 machines that contained a SQL 2000 database.  The next morning, after overnight reboot, the SQL Server 2000 database would not work (it houses a production app here at BAMC). ...

Labels